Thread: Basketball Shoes page

Balance is offline Senior Member

Basketball Shoes

Primal Fuel
    To all the fellow grokkers who love to hoop it up. What type of kicks are you sporting nowadays? All the basketball shoes I have are really bulky and heavily padded. They are much different from my Nike Free's which mimic barefoot running. I know the Free's wouldn't work too well on the basketball court because there just isn't enough ankle support for those hard cuts and awkward landings on other peoples feet. I want something that isn't too bulky but also will be sufficient for playing full court basketball without easily getting injuries. I know some of the old schoolers swear by Chuck Tailors but I never feel comfortable in those and I have tried to play in them in the past. Any other recommendations?
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    i just wear normal b-ball shoes from reebok. I've tried minimalist for sports, it doesn't work for me.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I've worn my VFFs without much difficulty, other than the occasional tear in a seam (which can be sewn up stronger than the factory does it).
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen a lot of great options out there. I cannot recall, but I swear there was just an article out discussing how basketball shoes are getting bulkier and bulkier and as a result are being looked at as a cause for some of the injuries today. Chuck Tailors are always going to be promoted by minimalists...and well...it's obvious why. I have a pair, but I've actually never used them for basketball...I used to squat and deadlift in them before I got my VFFs. As far as bb shoes...I have a pair of addidas. nothing overly crazy.