Thread: Vegetarian Diet hitting MMA page

Tabula Rasa is offline Junior Member

Vegetarian Diet hitting MMA

Primal Fuel
    I've never read Skinny Bastard but I would like to after reading this article on Yahoo home page. Sounds like this diet has some benefits of its own. How do the benefits differ from primal?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...etarians021711

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I like not having to eat constantly.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Balance is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of MMA guys who do Paleo too. I think Forest Griffin does Paleo and I know he has a quote in Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution. And sure there are some on the other side of the fence. Randy Couture not only was a vegetarian but I believe he might have even been Vegan and he was the champ for awhile. Thing with these guys are they are professional athletes who work out really intensely as their day job. So they end up burning off a lot of those carbs that they consume. Just like you hear Michael Phelps and Lance Armstrong consuming massive amounts of pasta when they are training heavy. But long term all that is just crying out "inflammation".
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    OMG Forrest Griffin does paleo? That just boosted my confidence in my paleo/primal choice, not that i needed it though.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoBerserker View Post
    OMG Forrest Griffin does paleo? That just boosted my confidence in my paleo/primal choice, not that i needed it though.
    Yup he sure does. He has a quote on the back cover of Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution on how much Robb helped him.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.