Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After a bit of cooking advice with organ meats page 2

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bought goat liver from my locally grown online market, but I haven't had the nerve to thaw it yet. I like chicken or beef liver pan fried with onions and bacon. I also like chopped liver with onions and hard boiled egg chopped in with the liver.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    I bought goat liver from my locally grown online market, but I haven't had the nerve to thaw it yet. I like chicken or beef liver pan fried with onions and bacon. I also like chopped liver with onions and hard boiled egg chopped in with the liver.
    If its any help, lamb's liver is a bit milder than beef or calf's liver
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE beef liver!

I usually just cook it, then blend it with salt, pepper, onion, allspice and perhaps other things as well. Goes sooooo well with fried shrooms and bacon!

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    I actually have always liked liver, particularly calves liver. But the goat liver had an odd taste--a bit like the smell of a sweaty horse. I perhaps overcooked it a little (medium well).

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I made liver pate from chicken livers. It was pretty darn good the first time I ate it. I froze the rest and just had some the other day. After thawing, it tasted and smelled like WET DOG.

I've always dispised liver, but when I made the pate, I must have really been craving it. Eating it when I don't desperately need it, results in a gross out.

I'm definitely not the casual liver sucker. haha

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    I love lambs liver too, I just flash fry it so it's pink in the middle, I'll then deglaze the pan with some cream and it's yummy. Unfortunately I am the only one in my household who will eat organ meat, in fact I have a beef heart at home in the fridge for tonight's dinner, the other half has mince, I may combine the two and see if he notices
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

smithj is offline Junior Member
    When I bake macaroni, I usually add chicken liver and gizzard (heart included), bell pepper and bacon. Kids love it!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I believe the heart contains a lot of CoQ10 and some other fancy stuff like that. So it's definitely not the same as muscle meat.

Looks like Mark has a blog topic about organ meats.
    Organ Meats | Mark's Daily Apple
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I believe the heart contains a lot of CoQ10 and some other fancy stuff like that. So it's definitely not the same as muscle meat.
    sbhikes is right (as usual). I think taurine is a factor as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12