Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Leangains and Eating Primal page 9

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No trouble at all. You can throw one of these brutal metcon WODs once a week. They help you get in great condition and lean you out as well. They shouldn't take longer than 20 min. If they do, cut yourself off.

WOD #1 - 6 sets of moderate heavy deadlifts at 6 reps and 12 burpees.

WOD #2 6 sets of thrustesr (a squat to a press) with spiderman crawl at about 20 yards. (if you don't have room to do the crawls, you can run for a min on the treadmill or jump rope for a min)

WOD #3 6 sets of barbell complex workout (complexes are movements which you do without putting the bar down) 5 reps of front squat - front millitary presses - back squats - behind the neck presses. If you want to see what it looks like google "the bear" workout. Again, do all the movements w/out dropping the bar.

WOD #4 10 short sprints at about 50 yards with a min rest in between. Go all out with the sprints.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Good luck!

PGC
    PGC is offline Junior Member
    Sure, will do one a week. Now all I have to do is make an effort to update my primal journal blog

Let me know how it goes! PM with updates! Good luck!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    White rice. Potatos are around 21g carbs/100g and white rice is around 29g of carbs/100g. That 8 carb difference really counts when you have to scoff down over 200g of carbs.

PGC
    PGC is offline Junior Member
    First 2 days of Lean Gains done. The rest day, I felt good. The training day, I'm not to sure.... it feels like too much carbs. Next training day, I am going to add a metcon WOD after the stronglifts to make sure I have really depeleted the glycogen.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    WOD #3 6 sets of barbell complex workout (complexes are movements which you do without putting the bar down) 5 reps of front squat - front millitary presses - back squats - behind the neck presses. If you want to see what it looks like google "the bear" workout. Again, do all the movements w/out dropping the bar.
    Just had to pipe up and say bear complexes are brutal! I've never been so humbled as when I did bear complexes!

If you want to add the intensity to the bear add a 400m run, or 1 min jump rope or some burpees. Get your heart rate pumping and great conditioning WOD in less than 20 min!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789