Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leangains and Eating Primal page 7

feren6 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    I have been primal since July. Sometimes For the past 3 months, my hips circumference has been stuck at 90 cm.

This is around the time I stopped cross-fit style and started Starting Strength type training, which starts of really light so the intensity in workouts has probably been missing for a while too. I also started eating those yummy summer fruits I enjoy like mangos, which probably contain way to much sugar.

I did not care too much, as I had lost 7 cms from since starting going Primal and I do not that fat loss is not always linear. However, I feel that I might be stuck in some kind of rut and am hoping that IF can bust me through it.

I really like what I reading about peoples results on lean gains. The only problems I have is that my currently routine will not let me follow it to a t.

Basically I can only train early in the mornings before my wife and children are awake. So that is 4 or 5 am. So after training I need to eat and get a some protein.

Lunch is at work and I can happily skip that meal. Mainly because I am at work and don't have access to cooking utilities others than a microwave.

Dinner is a family bonding time for me at around 5 or 6pm. And I can't train if I wanted to again until 9pm as I have to spend time with the family.

If I only can skip lunch and after dinner primal snack meals, will that be okay for lean gains? As lean gains usually recommends skipping breakfast and then eating lunch and then eating one other meal with in 8 hours.

Can anyone tell me, if skipping lunch will suffice? Any other tips? Or any other ideas for my schedule?

Thanks in advance
    The beauty about LeanGains is that you can make it fit your schedule!

Check it:

4-5AM: 10g BCAA, then workout
    6AM: 10g BCAA
    8AM: 10g BCAA
    10AM: Big ass breakfast or lunch
    5PM: Dinner with family

That's it! The BCAAs prevent muscle loss during the fasting period, so you don't have to eat right after you workout.
    I recommend Scivation Xtend, it's delicious.

As far as macronutrient wise, you have to make sure that you're getting a large amount of protein in both meals, and high carbs/low fat on workout days and low carbs/high fat on rest days.

PGC
    PGC is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson44 View Post
    PGC - Can you do a quick HIT WOD like 10 sprints or hill sprints before you go home? Can you fit in 20 min before family time?
    Not that I need 20 mins to do some HIIT/Tabata type training But I am not sure if I should be doing these more than once a week. Following Marks recommendation of every 7-10 days

Although my wife has started doing 20 seconds all out, 1 min rest x3, 3 days a week.

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson44 View Post
    You can skip lunch. But, how about skipping breakfast on days you don't train?

I love the fact that your family comes first. Being a great dad is very admirable in my book. Good look!
    Thanks, yep family is super important, especially when we live 3 hours away from the rest of our relatives.

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking along the same lines of skipping breakfest on days I don't train.

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by feren6 View Post
    The beauty about LeanGains is that you can make it fit your schedule!

Check it:

4-5AM: 10g BCAA, then workout
    6AM: 10g BCAA
    8AM: 10g BCAA
    10AM: Big ass breakfast or lunch
    5PM: Dinner with family

That's it! The BCAAs prevent muscle loss during the fasting period, so you don't have to eat right after you workout.
    I recommend Scivation Xtend, it's delicious.

As far as macronutrient wise, you have to make sure that you're getting a large amount of protein in both meals, and high carbs/low fat on workout days and low carbs/high fat on rest days.
    Say that could work for me, I guess all I need to do is have a primal protien shake handy at work and bring some food from home. But I will probably have to have the first meal at noon otherswise I'd probably break the 8 hour window.

But is it a good idea to skip the protien shake straight after the workout? Would it be acceptable to have a one after workouts on workout days?

feren6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    Say that could work for me, I guess all I need to do is have a primal protien shake handy at work and bring some food from home. But I will probably have to have the first meal at noon otherswise I'd probably break the 8 hour window.

But is it a good idea to skip the protien shake straight after the workout? Would it be acceptable to have a one after workouts on workout days?
    It's okay if you don't have a strict 8 hour window -- you're supposed to make the system work for you in the long run.

If you drink the protein shake right after the workout, then you immediately break your fast. But if you have the BCAAs instead then you can drink the protein shake when your feeding window starts. You won't lose any muscle by waiting.

jackson44 is online now Senior Member
    Yes, it is okay to skip the protein drink till later. When you train in fasten state and prolong the fast, you extend the release of testosternon/HGH in your body. If you have the protein drink, you will get a insulin release with will stop the fat burning hormones to be released. this all goes vs. CW, but I have been following this routine and I love the advice that Feren6 has been given to you.

If you want to lose weight, intense sprints once every ten days is too long. Once every 7 days is fine. 2x even better. Good luck!

PGC
    Thanks friends, will give it a go. Probably will not be till after new years break before I can get into the full swing of it. I'm sure I'll have more questions then.

PGC
    Already got a question.
    With the BCAA's you mention, I noticed that there is no Glutamine. Should I buy and take an additional Glutamine supplement with the other BCAA's (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine).

jackson44 is online now Senior Member
    You can, but don't need to.

PGC
    Cool thanks.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast