Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Leangains and Eating Primal page 5

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most people on IF usually have upwards of 300g of carbs either post workout or throughout the day. Being scared of carbs is ridiculous if you're doing IF (IF and low carb can be troublesome in the long run for some people - it did for me) and you're working out.

Don't worry about thinking it needs to be after workout, what matters is you nourish your body for the day, not the exact timing of it or when you eat your potatoes.

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Uhhhh.....

This is amazing. Answering pretty much every one of my Leangains questions:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread31459.html
    Last edited by shiggles; 10-13-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Drifter is offline Member
    For those that fast in the morning, workout at lunch time, and then eat after. In the mornings do you fast entirely or do you follow leangains and take BCAA's?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    For those that fast in the morning, workout at lunch time, and then eat after. In the mornings do you fast entirely or do you follow leangains and take BCAA's?
    I fast through traditional breakfast and lunch time and take BCAA prior to working out.

ViaSwiss is offline Member
    I am primal and have been doing lean gains for the past 2 weeks. What I notice the most is how great I feel all day while I am fasted. Clear thoughts and lots of energy. I have major adrenal issues too and am on low dose hydrocortisone.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ViaSwiss View Post
    I am primal and have been doing lean gains for the past 2 weeks. What I notice the most is how great I feel all day while I am fasted. Clear thoughts and lots of energy. I have major adrenal issues too and am on low dose hydrocortisone.
    You sure you have adrenal issues? Supposedly fasting and intermittent fasting is bad for people with adrenal issues.

Drifter is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I fast through traditional breakfast and lunch time and take BCAA prior to working out.
    what BCAA do you take? I have some Whey with them in it but is that too many calories to consume pre workout?

feren6 is offline Member
    What routine is everyone doing? I'm starting Leangains for the New Years and have currently been doing Body By Science HIT workout, but I'm not getting the results I want, and actually WANT to spend more time in the gym. Anyone have a good 3-day split regiment that goes along well with Leangains? Or does it not really matter?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    what BCAA do you take? I have some Whey with them in it but is that too many calories to consume pre workout?
    Well, the spam bots alerted me that I never asked your question. In case you haven't found the answer already, according to Martin, 30g of whey is fine to substitute for 10g BCAA. I think it was in the Leangains Guide post.

rich1977 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by feren6 View Post
    What routine is everyone doing? I'm starting Leangains for the New Years and have currently been doing Body By Science HIT workout, but I'm not getting the results I want, and actually WANT to spend more time in the gym. Anyone have a good 3-day split regiment that goes along well with Leangains? Or does it not really matter?
    I train Monday, wed and Friday's.
    Mon - squats, kettlebell lunges, tricep pull downs, dips and tri extensions

Wed-bench press, lat pull downs, military press

Friday- deadlift, weighted chin ups, preacher curl.

And weekends I just take long walks/bike ride, and or go for a swim

When I workout, on the compound exercises I do reverse pyramid training. So after a warm up, I put the absolute max I can lift, and maybe able to squeeze out maybe 3 or 4 reps, after your done,give myself a few minutes.
    I decrease the weight, hoping to get an extra 2 or more reps out.
    Rest again, drop weight, and go full out till arms or legs are jelly. Best to have someone spot you.
    Give yourself a good 5 minutes to recompose yourself, move onto next exercise.
    That's how I do it, and I'm slowly getting gradual results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast