Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My HA Idea...please advise page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

My HA Idea...please advise

well, been reading up ALOT this morning on HA, hypothalamic ammenorrhea mostly because i am still very upset about not being able to participate in the leptin study

but i regress... from reading a gazillion studies, and discussion boards and human body synopsis i have a couple of conclusions, ideas, whatevers.

*first is that as soon as a woman drops below 30cal/kg she induces hormonal changes

*omega 3 HINDER and lower leptin(which is prolly why it works for fat people b/c you may be sensitized to it)

*its determined by insulin, cortisol and reproductive hormones by glucose availability. So, fat mass which releases leptin is only going to release and circulate when glucose is avalable.

*leptin enters the brain through GnRH(?????) or signals its secretion which would mean glucose directly effects gnRH secretion, thus repairing leptin

*the ovaries have leptin receptors... i dont even know if my ovaries work

my ideas.... please let me know what you think

- stop the omega 3 consumption and stop flippin a shit about O 3:6 ratios and potentially raise my intake of natural O6

i already eat WAY over what is suggested to not do so it's definitely just not about the calories, i tracked yesterday just to see and hit 3800 (btw, at 1485 cals i had 100% vita/min status GET ON MY LEVEL). maybe thinking of lowering the fat a bit(but obviously have adequate fat for cholesterol precursors for hormones) and sticking to 3 consecutive meals a day with good starch.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I guess I'd be more inclined to up my starchy carbs to up my glucose. Or just eat more sugar, if your body can handle the extra fructose...

How much Omega 3 are you taking?

Also, please forgive me if I misread--but I thought you mentioned that you smoke in your journal. If so, I would stop that before making any other changes. (If not, my bad! Apologies in advance!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I guess I'd be more inclined to up my starchy carbs to up my glucose. Or just eat more sugar, if your body can handle the extra fructose...

How much Omega 3 are you taking?

Also, please forgive me if I misread--but I thought you mentioned that you smoke in your journal. If so, I would stop that before making any other changes. (If not, my bad! Apologies in advance!)
    i have upped starch but i guess i canmore. fructose has no control up/down good ro bad on leptin, i dont take omega 3 i just eat a lota seafood.

i cant quit smoking. i will when i am ready, but it will be because i mentally am ready, but at the moment, no way in hell, not to mention its something i enjoy lol

Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    i have upped starch but i guess i canmore. fructose has no control up/down good ro bad on leptin, i dont take omega 3 i just eat a lota seafood.

i cant quit smoking. i will when i am ready, but it will be because i mentally am ready, but at the moment, no way in hell, not to mention its something i enjoy lol
    When you are ready, EFT can help you quit.

Honestly, Mal, I wouldn't bother fine-tuning your diet until you quit smoking. Nicotine is so toxic and has such wide-reaching effects on the body & hormones--until you quit, you won't really know what "normal" hormonal levels are for you.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/focus/nut...gnutrition.htm

It may be the only thing you need to do to restore your fertility.

Are you sure you "can't quit"?

http://www.sharedjourney.com/smoking...fertility.htmo
    http://www.advancedfertility.com/smoking.htm
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 02-18-2011 at 03:49 PM.

grokka is offline Senior Member
    Mal,
    please quit smoking. You are ready, and you need to. I have read your blog, and you've come through so much. You can do it.

ive tried to quit before...here is a small summary of what happens

-dont get nicotine
    - get anxious
    - get pacey and stressed
    -cant concentrate
    agry frustrated annoyed
    - feeling of losing control
    -gain control by starving
    -mind put at ease
    -gain back control
    lose weight
    -get obsessed with my body
    -

i think you see the path to relapse. im only so strong i dont think many people realize how hard it is to live in this brain everyday, it hates me

Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post

i think you see the path to relapse. im only so strong i dont think many people realize how hard it is to live in this brain everyday, it hates me
    I totally get why you don't want to quit. Really.

Your brain is fine--just a few wires are crossed--and they can be re-wired.

Addictions are useful ways we self-medicate to deal with old pain (usually from childhood.) Clearing the early distress that is causing the anxiety in the first place is the easiest & fastest way to drop any addictive substance or habit. Once the old pain is gone, the anxiety goes and the substance/habit is no longer needed.

Until folks deal with the pain, they usually just substitute one addiction for another. Anorexia---->Nicotine.

It does take commitment and persistence. You have plenty of both!

Do check out EFT, Mal. I use it everyday in my coaching practice (I work with all sorts of issues, including infertility and substance addictions and have seen great success for my clients.)

If you want, I can loan you a copy of "The Tapping Solution", a documentary about EFT that shows 10 people and their healing journeys with EFT. One story is a guy who wants to quit smoking. PM me with your address and I'll pop it in the mail.

((Hugs))

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    As an interesting aside, EFT is used a fair bit around here in the competitive Equine world. There's alot of people that swear by it to get them back in the saddle after nasty wrecks, and the fear that comes with that.

Mal, I *know* that when its time, you'll know, and you will have the strength to quit. Personal experience. You are a strong person, and on a good path.

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    Depression Free Naturally was the 2nd best thing I did for my anxiety. I had a lot of the same symptoms you had and once I started primal I saw some improvements. Then I started doing a short yoga practice at home on the days I didn't go to class and saw more improvements (I'm talking easy stuff, like 15minutes of sun salutations & some meditation). Then I read Depression Free Naturally and started taking supplements (message me if you want more details) and now finally feel like I have some control over my anxiety instead of the other way around.

I know several of my clients have been able to quit smoking by practicing yoga.

I'm sure quiting smoking is going to be extremely hard for you, but maybe reframing why you are quiting would help. Switch from "I'm quitting for the health of my future baby" vs "I'm quitting smoking for me" .

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yoga - best thing
    Depression free naturally - 2nd best
    Primal - 3rd best

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast