Thread: Woo Hoo! page

CoachSandee is offline Member

Woo Hoo!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, this technically isn't a success story (yet) as I still have several pounds to lose.

For the past 2 years or so I have been eating an almost primal diet (without knowing what it really was) so when I switched to following the Primal Blueprint I really didn't have many changes to make.

On January 15th we started a Biggest Loser challenge at work and I decided to participate even though I knew other participants would be a big obstacle with having to lose more weight, using diet aids, etc. Well, I went and weighed in this am, and I am in 2nd place out of 24 people. And I only lost 8 pounds! It has been so effortless, and even though it's not a lot of weight, not having to count calories, exercise to exhaustion, or eat fake foods has been a pleasure.

I just want to thank Mark and all you guys for all the help, advice and info you are willing to share.

Sandee

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Aren't you supposed to totally restrict what you eat and over-exercise on those challenges? <evil grin>

Congrats!!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Is the contest over?

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    The big difference between you and the other participants is that you will probably have a much easier time keeping yours off because primal rocks!
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    The big difference between you and the other participants is that you will probably have a much easier time keeping yours off because primal rocks!
    Great point, throw down the gauntlet for The Biggest Loser + 3/6/12 months

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    This. There's a reason so many of the participants on that show end up gaining it back. They're in sprint mode. Ultra low calorie, ultra low fat with extreme exercise. That's not sustainable and they're not coming away with a viable maintenance strategy.

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!

We do a biggest loser at my workplace too - it goes in 3 months on/1 month off cycles, but so far I'm the only one that keeps the weight off between cycles.
    My coworkers lose the same 5-10 pounds over and over again, but I'm down 30! I hope you have the same success!
    ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

CoachSandee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj1969 View Post
    I hope you have the same success!
    I did it last time too, and came in 2nd...I lost 26 pounds in 12 weeks. This time around I hope to win, and even if not, I know that I will not gain any weight back like 90% of the people did that are back in it this time. We finish up in April so I still have plenty of time to kick some butt!