Thread: BFL Weight Routine? page

john_solo is offline Senior Member

BFL Weight Routine?

Primal Fuel
    I really like structure. Has anyone here used the BFL upper-body routine for your lift heavy things? I used to love it, but haven't used it in a while. It seems like it'd be a great workout...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I haven't used since I did BFL 5 yrs ago. I liked it then. Maybe when get through with the PBF body weight exercise, I will add BFL in as well.
    Georgette

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I hate BFL - it is just another bodybulding, body part split programme i.e. not great for developing primal fitness. Compound (multi planar) movements would be far better.

FlyNavy is offline Member
    I've done BFL a few cycles, and while it does build strength, it's not functional strength. I was in the midst of BFL when I went Primal, couldn't do a single pull up, now I can do 5. Could I do a big ol stack of weight on the lat pull down? Yep, but it wasn't functional. Much the same with bench press vs. push ups.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Who would you just want to lift upper body... no one like big upper body and chicken legs.

FlyNavy is offline Member
    The Upper Body workout is only one day in BFL, you also do a Lower body workout day.

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I completed a 12 week BFL challenge in 2001, and was faithful to the program. I did lose weight, and bulked up nicely. I must admit that Bill's program was the first thing that really worked for me. Honestly, I think it did put me on the "path". That's being said, I was single at the time, and had a mindless job with little demands, so I had plenty of spare time on my hands for the program.

I do think Bill and his brother Shawn have put together programs that can benefit people. However, I personally find it hard to incorporate them into a busy lifestyle. It can be done, and I have done it and it benefited me, but it was admittedly under special circumstances. I now think the PB or Stronglift or "5 x 5 " type of plan is probabaly going to be more beneficial in the long run.

However, again, admittedly the BFL program did work for me at one time.