Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength is Getting Scary page 2

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'd say cut the dairy some and watch all the sugary fruits and up the eggs, unless you are allergic you should be pounding them when trying to add strength/mass, and you really need more veggies in there
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

i haven't read the book, i was just given the workout and told to add weight haha!

I noticed that i've got a lot of diary there, same with the fruit. They're both cheap and convenient and i dont need to prepare for the next day. I put as much veg with my lunch and dinner as i can eat, i guess i'll have to have some with breakfast (that i have to make in the microwave at work).

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    HAHAHA become a microwave gourmand my friend, it's actually really easy to whip a lot of primal foods with just a microwave; being stuck in the dorms I have learned to make do with just a microwave too.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    You are in desperate need of buying the book. Trust me on this, I beg you.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grouchos_tash View Post
    i haven't read the book, i was just given the workout and told to add weight haha!

I noticed that i've got a lot of diary there, same with the fruit. They're both cheap and convenient and i dont need to prepare for the next day. I put as much veg with my lunch and dinner as i can eat, i guess i'll have to have some with breakfast (that i have to make in the microwave at work).
    Stop everything you're doing until you actually read the book. That simple.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Starting Strength for little guys (sub 185) requires 5000+ calories per day. This includes a gallon of milk a day. This kind of eating will put on muscle (and fat). Without the cals, strength gains will progress slower. I experience the same limitations on 5/3/1 because I'm cheap and don't like to eat a lot. I've done okay though because 5/3/1 is a terrific program.

wow the book is expensive! 30 is the cheapest for the book or 6 for the book on DVD. Not sure if reading it from a DVD will get on my nerves hmm

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    If you ever lift any weight in any way, it will be the best thirty squid you ever spend. I promise.

Hold on i just remembered, its my birthday in 3 weeks

Looks like my girlfriend is buying me a book haha!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    See if your library has it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast