Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HIIT Everyday? page

john_solo is offline Senior Member

HIIT Everyday?

Primal Fuel
    Who does HIIT everyday? Seems like it's the way to fat loss since the intensity is up there. Anyone have sample workouts?

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest against it as you are likely to burn out and end up putting way too much stress on your body. Personally, and based on the PB and Mark, I think you would benefit more from lifting heavy things more and only doing 1 or 2 HIIT sessions a week.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

denise is offline Senior Member
    I really COULD NOT do HIIT more than twice a week, often only manage once. Need recovery time - or I'd either get injured or those HIIT sessions just wouldn't be at max.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm. I think if you're even physically capable of doing HIIT every day that you're probably not high intensity enough to begin with.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Hmmm. I think if you're even physically capable of doing HIIT every day that you're probably not high intensity enough to begin with.
    +1

And NO doing HIIT more than once or twice a week is really counter productive. Do a HIIT once a week, do easy walking or slow easy run the rest of the days. Eating is the most important aspect, and when you do too much HIIT or other higher intensity activity it makes you very hungry.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i think i'm going to disagree with most people on this one; i don't think HIIT every day is a good idea, but i probably get in four days a week easily. while i may only do one sprint interval day per week, my LHT workouts get my heartrate going like a badass...then i pause, and go again. unless i've been misunderstanding HIIT for the past couple of years, my lifting workouts are intervals just like any cardio work i might do.
    3 lifting days + 1 sprint day = 4 days of HIIT each week.

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll rephrase...do you periodically get your heart rate up for a little bit on your non-sprint days, beyond the 55-75% range?

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_solo View Post
    Who does HIIT everyday? Seems like it's the way to fat loss since the intensity is up there. Anyone have sample workouts?
    If you're doing HIIT more than once a week, only one of those sessions will be truly high intensity in any meaningful way. The other sessions you're probably just going through the motions. High intensity being defined, of course, as being above the lactate threshold into anaerobic metabolism where glycogen is actually being depleted from the muscles. Replenishing those glycogen stores doesn't happen quickly for most people. If you want to lose fat, you should be burning it as your primary source of fuel. If you're trying to lose fat by exercising, you're wasting your time.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_solo View Post
    I think I'll rephrase...do you periodically get your heart rate up for a little bit on your non-sprint days, beyond the 55-75% range?
    yes. i try to add as much intensity to my lifting as possible...explosive pushups and pullups, hard squats, handstand pushups. and that's just bodyweight exercises. my heart used to pump like crazy when i got under the bar. if you are really using your muscles well, blood is going to start flowing to them like crazy, which means your heart is going to work harder to get it there.
    i used to check my heart rate after a good set of squats, and it was almost the same as after a good set of burpees. lifting gets your heart moving...enough where it can actually increase your cardiovascular fitness, which is (i think) a fancy way of saying endurance.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Well, I have sometimes. Usually its HIIT-like (alternate running with walking or stair work as in up then down, up then down a bunch of times). Its not everyday, more like 3-5, especially nowadays, just because thats life, but I would schedule rest days otherwise. If what they say is true and its inflammatory, this sort of exertion should be controlled or limited, I guess. (Not saying I always do but "one should" ). I agree that you experience fitness results fastest this way, though. And its fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast