Thread: "school" food page

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member

"school" food

Shop Now
    So I am an English teacher. I teach English as a forieng language to little Korean boys and girls. In addition to working at a Korean public school. I work at a English center that was openned by the government as an alternitive to overly priced private schools.

Every day we give the kids a snack. Today we gave them bread with white cream filling and a clementine. Usually we give them a juice, soda, or chocolate milk (over 20g of sugar usually) also. I am slowly killing these kids. Everyday twice a day, I give these overly processed sugar and wheat packed poisons. I feel really reeeaaalllly bad.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Find some data on performance in school vs. Diet and see if you can convice admin to switch to protein snacks. Hard boiled eggs, cheese, nuts...If I recall test scores improved as did discipline in one Georgia school that revamped the menu. And that was without going primal, just getting rid of conventional junk.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I tried mentioning it before and really no one seemed to care. I took one of their drinks that had a grand total of 32g of sugar in it. It was a 6oz drink and showed them. They really didn't care. And kids can't make those choices for themselves. We aren't even giving them a healthy alternative. Just the worst of the worst junk food.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya, Nix. I work at the front counter of the YMCA, and it just kills me when the kids come out of the gym and hand me money for a soda pop or a chocolate soy milk.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    You tried, you planted one little seed...maybe it will one day grow.