Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping 20% only 20% page

Gathwh is offline Senior Member

Keeping 20% only 20%

Primal Fuel
    I have no moderation and I recently got a box of good See's nut clusters. I have a problem which is that I will eat them until I get sick if I allow myself even 2. Any advice for helping me stop when the amount of chocolate is reasonable while still enjoying myself? I'm currently only allowing myself them every other day, so it evens out.

Also, is it better to have a lot at once or only a few a day if the average is the same? Would a binge have the same effects as would same amount spread out over say a week?

Thanks for the help. I feel sick already though.

Alison Golden is offline Junior Member
    I have the same problem with the control and inability to be moderate. Once something's open and I've had one I can't stop.

I don't know if it's better or not but I just give in until I've had my fill. I do this only occasionally and it doesn't seem to hurt. I've even wondered if it's a craving fat thing because I often feel better afterwards and don't crash. Often I'll eat 800-1000 calories this way.

The key for me is to hide this kind of 'food' away in a place I don't go very much during the day or is difficult to get to like a high shelf I have to get a step for. I literally have a drawerful of chocolate in my bedroom but as long as I don't open the packet, I'm OK until a craving comes along. I am PB 90-95% of the time so I figure these occasional binges comprise the other 10-15% of my 20%. I also usually eat only between noon and 6pm.

HTH,

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    There are things I simply cannot have in the house. I'm usually pretty good, but every now and again the sugar monster attacks, and if I start, I'm like the cookie monster.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

gordo is offline Senior Member
    If you can't control yourself, don't buy the stuff. It's easier to be virtuous in the store.

Gordo

BStoneFitz is offline Member
    i hear you guys. my philosophy is to not keep that type of stuff in the house. once in awhile if i have to have some sweets, or salty snacks (or whatever your food vice is) i go to the store, buy it, eat it and be done with it. i have gotten a lot better in terms of leaving the non-primal stuff on the shelf (my fiance doesnt do it %100). she doesnt really share the same favorites as me anyways.

i would rather over eat a little bit and not have it lying around than save some for later and then always have it staring at me in the cupboard or fridge. also, if i eat too much of it, i don't feel great from eating that very food and thus don't crave it for a long time. if i have just a taste, it reminds me of how good it is and i want more.

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    Put them in the freezer and eat one on Sundays and only when it rains.

Gathwh is offline Senior Member
    @ Gordo It was a gift. I wouldn't get it for myself, but I sure will eat it if I get it through other means.

Thanks everyone.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    When we were kids, my mom had a rule with Halloween candy. We could have as much as we wanted to eat that night, but whatever was left was her's (and her office's, I guess). Well, it worked because after 5 snickers you want to barf, and then we weren't snacking on candy for the whole month of November. So, have some fun (if you must) but get rid of the leftovers NOW. Having one or two every now and then until its all gone is still eating all of them.

Or, enjoy yourself some sausage. There are ways to indulge that are primal -- its still fun and you can enjoy overdoing it, but just not suffer the carb consequences. This is how I've been zero sugar and zero grain so easily. I just pork out on paleo food. I think it works.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gathwh View Post
    @ Gordo It was a gift. I wouldn't get it for myself, but I sure will eat it if I get it through other means.
    When I get gifts like that, they end up on a snack table somewhere. Either that, or I just give it as a gift to someone else. I know that's tacky, but so what?

Gordo

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    When I get gifts like that, they end up on a snack table somewhere. Either that, or I just give it as a gift to someone else. I know that's tacky, but so what?

Gordo
    I do the same. Its fruitcake to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast