Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: lil_earthmomma's primal journal page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

My goals for this month are to drastically cut down on sugar. All forms of sugar. I've already cut more refined sugars out of my diet, but use maple sugar as a sweetener, which is pretty high carb. I don't use it often, but I need to be more mindful of it.

I want to keep my carbs between 50-100g/day.

I want to cut down on dairy. I have already gone to full fat versions and am transitioning to coconut milk for many applications.

I'm going to post my menu for the day every day, and then post in the evening and see how I did.

B - 2 eggs over easy on a bed of sauteed mushrooms covered in homemade turkey gravy.

L - BLT salad with homemade bacon fat dressing.

D - spicy smoked butternut squash soup, and bacon wrapped steak bites, with waldorf salad (homemade dressing).

Breakfast was incredible, and I will only have lunch if I get hungry enough before it's time to prepare dinner. I've been finding that these high protein/fat breakfasts keep me full for SO long!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

So I did great!!! I didn't make blt salad for lunch, but had an apple and some pecans dipped in dijon and raw garlic. (Weird? Maybe, but oddly so much more satisfying than crackers or pretzels!!! Yay!)

-John Lennon

Today was pretty good, not fantastic.

Breakfast was eggs benny without the english muffin (super yummy!) and pan fries with cheese and gravy and onions. (couldn't resist.)

Dinner was steak with blt salad with bacon fat dressing (I didn't eat it yesterday, but kept thinking about it!)

Then... I kinda derailed. I had a really intense yoga session, and shared a banana with nutella and peanut butter with my toddler. Meh... better tomorrow. It wasn't very satisfying, so I'll remember that. Should've had some nuts.

-John Lennon

likertj is offline Junior Member

Sounds to me you are starting out great! After reading the PB, the 80% rule applies. Shoot for 100%, fall in around 80% and be happy.

I like to use FitDay to keep track of my food intake levels. A banana is really splurging for me, but keeping it controlled you can still fall into the 50g-100g range for carbs.

It's hard to avoid some of the foods that we're used to eating, and I've been as primal as possible, but I need to incorporate more organic foods. Right now I skirt the walls of the grocer to get the best I can.

Thanks likertj, I need to be more forgiving of myself and remember the 20%!

I too have yet to convert to organic, mostly because of cost, but also because I live in a tiny village and have to take what I can get! lol

I am lucky to be able to get local produce for summer and fall from the farmers in the area.

-John Lennon

So far so good. I'm posting now to motivate myself to stay the course at a restaurant! *gulp*. Not just any restaurant, but the one that makes my FAVORITE pizza. I'll just keep telling myself that the stomach aches, cramps, bloating and blechy feelings aren't worth it!

Breakfast was ham and eggs and coconut flour pancakes. I didn't use maple syrup!!! I've finally found an extremely primal way to eat my pancakes. I heated a bit of oil and butter up with 3 cloves of garlic and some slices of jalapeno. Then I dipped my pancakes in it. It was so delicious! I remember dipping huge chunks of fresh bread in a similarly flavored olive oil at an italian resaurant.

For a late lunch I was already thinking about pizza, so I sliced some of the breakfast ham up, melted a bit of shredded cheese on it, and dipped each bite in marinara. Tasty! Finished off with pecans dipped in a bit of melted dark chocolate.

I plan on ordering seafood for dinner, skipping the bread, pizza and dessert!

-John Lennon

So I've been neglecting my journal but not the PB!!!

I said in another thread how happy I am that I don't feel tempted by grains. At all. This is awesome, but I really feel it's because I feel so sick when I eat them.

I'm really loving living primal.

So my goals this week are to get more exercise into my routine.

I plan on doing burpees for 4 min everyday, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds of rest I think? I'll have to look it up again.

Also, I'm going to start weight training tomorrow with my hubby. This is going to be great, I'm so excited!!!

-John Lennon

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Weight training is fantastic, I love it. Especially now that I've 'gone Primal' I can see the results of it so much more easily (as my body blubber is finally, finally disappearing!).

BikerPike Guest

Congrats on seeing changes on in your body...and enjoying the PB lifestyle!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

-John Lennon

Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast