Page 53 of 128 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: lil_earthmomma's primal journal page 53

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Rest of the evening went well. Made brined bbq chicken and BLT salad. One of my oldest and dearest friends is having a relationship crisis, so we went out for a glass of merlot and shared a peice of cheesecake with berries. I'm actually really impressed with the pub we frequent. The cheesecake was a normal small sliver, not some mamoth joke of a dessert. It wasn't sweet, but real vanilla cheesecake, with fresh berries scattered on the plate, and the waitress piped REAL whipped cream out of a piping bag onto the plate! Since we shared, I only had about 4 bites, and I'm very happy we did. She totally needed to dish, and the treat and wine were definitely balm to her injured heart. (We laughed that we're all grown up, going out to a pub and ordering a glass of wine each and a dessert to share, rather than tons of cocktails and greasy plates of pub grub! lol)

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Well played, lil_em.
    Both on yor choice of indulgences, and for being a friend in need <3<3<3

Thanks kuno!!! We girls gotta stick together!

Indeed, we DO

Meh day today. My youngest (23 months old) son is bound and determined to get a VIP room in the children's hospital. Well... todays incident wasn't his fault, it was the fault of the idiotic store owner that left an extremely heavy construction ladder folded leaning against a rack on wheels. My poor guy walked up to it and it came crashing down (almost flattened me) cutting his eye and bruising his face, flipping him onto his face. He was crying shrieking "scared! SCARED!" and crying. She tried to blame me and him, but my sister who is a paralegal jumped in and gave her a huge lecture on liability and negligence and how it was her responsibility to keep the store safe. (Yay baby sister!) We filed an incident report with security, and took him in to get checked out. Other than a cut black eye he seems fine and the doctor wasn't too concerned, other than to ask if we filed a report so it wouldn't happen to someone else.

Sigh... so my mom took us out for korean (ha ha, they're starting to know me as the lady who only orders meat) and ice cream, which I declined other than a nibble of my groklings. Came home and the boys wanted hotdogs (thank goodness we can find decent ones here). I had some and they were ok, but not very satisfying. I had some peanut butter and THREW THE DAMNED CONTAINER INTO THE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!! There was only a little left stuck to the sides and bottom, so I don't feel bad, but gawd, WTF? All of this stress and I go for the stupid peanut butter every time. At least this time it was only a few small bites, not a bowl full! lol

Tomorrow we are going to a safari brunch at the zoo, and monday starts a new week with no mistakes in it yet. I'm feeling good, even with my mishaps I've lost 5 lbs, so I'm on the right track.

Awwww...poor little guy I'm glad you and he are gonna be okay, and I'm also glad that I wasn't there when it happened ('cause I'd be in jail right now).
    STUPID store owner!!! Good job for filing an IR with Security; in case the owner starts getting reluctant to pick up your medical bills.

YOU are definitely on the right track, Lady. Be proud, and congrats on the 5 lbs!!!
    <3<3<3

Thanks kuno! My sister almost slapped me when I started appologising but I was just so shocked and almost crying over my poor guy...

Next week will be even better! I'm planning some exciting things fitness wise!

nicjara is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for commenting on my journal!
    I feel you on the peanut butter thing-- the stuff seems to sing to me whenever stress hits!

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjara View Post
    Thanks for commenting on my journal!
    I feel you on the peanut butter thing-- the stuff seems to sing to me whenever stress hits!
    Man oh man, I'm jealous of you folks!

If it were peanut butter that sang to me, I don't think I'd be eating an extra 1500 calories whenever I heard the music of stress!

You know, tongue sticking to the roof of the mouth and all...

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvalab View Post
    Man oh man, I'm jealous of you folks!

If it were peanut butter that sang to me, I don't think I'd be eating an extra 1500 calories whenever I heard the music of stress!

You know, tongue sticking to the roof of the mouth and all...
    LMAO gottaluvalab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!