Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: lil_earthmomma's primal journal page 2

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Another happy weigh in!!!

I started a weight loss group with 4 other women, and we are meeting once a week to weigh in, chat and share about our journey, and share a healthy snack together. (Although I have only been able to consume the snacks I have prepared.) I am doing really well, and the other ladies can`t understand my progress, considering I am consuming so much fat! lol

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

I am going to try to post more regularly in my journal.

I started at 176 lbs, and today weighed in at 157 lbs!

Had eggs drizzled with yesterdays cream sauce, bacon and some whole milk for breakfast. My weight is going down, so for now I will continue with the dairy, as I love it!

Yoga class tonight, and for dinner something with chicken thighs... hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I am finally starting to see a difference in my body. I look different. I have more definition in my arms and legs, and my hourglass figure is back. Still a ways to go, but I feel like this is all happening very naturally. My girlfriends are all on diets and working out CONSTANTLY, where as I eat yummy foods, do not track anything (just avoid grains, high carb foods etc.) and do fun things like weight training and yoga. I guess I just love that this is not a diet or something I have to work at.

-John Lennon

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

That last line sums it up - if I "treat" myself the CW way (think other people's sunday dinners) it's harder work and less enjoyable than just staying primal! It's not even a treat any more!

We just have to remember how good it feels to be here, and how easy it (usually!) is to keep on keeping on

Congrats on the weight loss too!

So true NM!

-John Lennon

FairyRae2 Guest

Hey lil_earthmomma! I was just reading this, and the bit about coconut flour pancakes. This morning I made some and ate them w/ (frozen) strawberries I cooked down into a gel/syrup w/ a little water w/ some whipped coconut milk (that I added stevia and vanilla extract to). SOOOO yummy--very much like a dessert. Just wanted to share another non-maple syrup way to eat the pancakes.

Woo hoo on all you've been doing!!!

nina_70 Guest

Just want to say AWESOME job on the weightloss! It's cool that you started a weightloss group w/ some other gals. I have the same kind of thing going here, and I get the same strange reaction on the # of eggs I eat (the cholesterol..gasp!) and the fat (saturated fat....swoon! ).

Keep up the great work!

maba is offline Senior Member

Awesome lil_EM! Keep up the great work!

go_ginger_go Guest

Hey hey, momma ~

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your post to me in that Thanksgiving thread. It truly did help me when I was in a shaky place. Muchas gracias, woman!

You're doing great.

I'm sure the weight training is really showing up on your body by now. Wait until you catch a glimpse of a lil triceps in the mirror.

Aw, thanks for the support everyone.

@ FairyRae, OMG that sounds like a delicious way to eat pancakes! Yum!

@ nina, lol I know. The other night they were like you eat WHAT?!? When I was telling them about my love of bacon mayo on... just about anything! lmao!

@ you rock maba, thanks for checkin' in!

@ go_ginger_go no prob! Support is what this place is suppose to be for in my opinion!

-John Lennon

PrimalCon New York

I'm so sick, OMG. This is ridiculous, I feel like I'm gonna die. I am dizzy, weak, and have erm... a very upset stomach, which has me living on the toilet.

Mom's aren't suppose to get sick. We don't have sick days, or subs or anything.

My toddler was so cute, he brought me blankies, sat on my chest with a huge truck flashlight and said "I&#39;m Doctor Brady, say AAAHHHHHHHH" I dutifully said AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH and he nodded wisely and said "HHhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm..." I tried not to laugh and asked "what is it Doctor?" He frowned and perscribed a bandaide in my frote and a strawberry smoovee. <3

So eating was kind of pointless, I managed to get some pumpkin custard with vanilla whipped cream, broth and some homemade farmers sausage.

-John Lennon

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast