Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: lil_earthmomma's primal journal page 13

maba is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    LOL! That's cool that you get to train w/ your hubby lil_EM.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I love it maba. He's so great at motivating me and encouraging me. And when he's getting tired, if I start doing another set he laughs and says "Well if you're gonna do it, I have to do it too!" lol

Today was a pretty good day eat's wise. 46g carbs, because I had tomatoes in my BLT salad, and then make a wicked roasted garlic tomato soup for supper! Not as much protein as I would have liked, (74 g) but not too shabby. Yay! I love primal eats.

Here's what I did:

Saute onions in butter till soft. Add 3 or 4 splashes of gin and allow to reduce. Pour in 1 large can of tomatoes with herbs and spices, and 1 large can of plain tomatoes and mash with potato masher. Pour in half a carton of beef broth and snip in fresh basil. Squeeze 6 heads of roasted garlic in, some Italian spice from the grinder and black pepper and two tbsp of brown sugar and allow to boil for 20 min. Add two cups of cream and use stick blender to blend everything. I left some chunkiness. Turn down to low and stir in two tbsp of butter and add cup of parmesan cheese and a couple shakes of red pepper flakes if you like it spicy. Makes at least 8 servings so I didn't really balk at the brown sugar.

OMG I'm so sore though. Not injured sore, just my muscles screaming at me and threating not to work when I try to go down stairs! hee hee

Tomorrow we workout again, and dh says we're going to focus on pull ups and push ups etc. Gulp!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    omg, I'm totally stealing that tomato soup recipe. Sounds so good!

I added chopped shrimp to it for more protein and they were so so SO delicious. I just threw them in raw and put the lid on and removed the soup from the heat. They cooked up but didn't get tough that way.

I'm having a rough day. I somehow gained weight (WTF?!?) and I'm feeling dangerously triggered eating disorder wise. Partially because of the gain on the scale and because a bunch of women in my village are doing this stupid HCG (pregnancy hormone) drops diet, where they take these drops and eat 600 cals a day. They are dropping a TON of weight, but so did I when I used to starve myself. *shrug* I know it's not sustainable, I just want to see the scale move down so bad.

Ok, the pity party is over. Sheesh.

Breakfast was yummy, I found these sausages at the farmers market that are grain free and have no weird crap in them. They were so juicy and delicious for breakfast, with some eggs poached in leftover tomato soup. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dinner will be chicken breast smothered in fatty bacon carbonara on portobello mushroom noodles. Mmmmmmmm

I'm a little nervous for our workout tonight, I'm still really sore. Hope I do well.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    omg- 600 calories a day?! You know they will gain it all back. Just keep on keeping on - stay away from that pesky scale for awhile. You are doing GREAT!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Hide the scale. Throw it out the window. 600 calories a day? No way in Hades! It's just a number. (I have to tell myself that too a lot of the time, especially now that it doesn't go down anymore- lol.)

Dinner sounds DELICIOUS! I've been craving chicken something fierce lately, being the main meat I don't have access to.

Just do your best with your workout, and don't worry. It's always rough when you're sore. At least soreness meants accomplishment!

Thanks so much DCKMB and DR. My hubby threatened to hide the scale today, but I think it may be a good idea.

It's just not moving down the way it used to, and I have to remember that this last 25 lbs or so is not going to fall off like the previous 50 lbs!

The workout ROCKED last night! So much fun!!! We ended up skipping dinner (neither of us were hungry after our HUGE late breakfast/lunch) so after our workout we made a chicken cesear salad and feasted on BAS while cuddling. It was a great end to the day.

So chicken carbonara for supper tonight! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Fantastico!

It is hard to see the scale not moving, or going UP even. Scared the crap outta me. I'm curious to see what it'll say at the end of the month. I'm really paranoid, not being able to see myself staying on track with numbers. Just have to have faith I guess.

Salad sounds delish! Been craving chicken so bad lately.

It's true DR, having a little faith is important. So my challenge is to not weigh myself. I'm going to focus on eating right and working out. Hubby is hiding the scale. lol

So today I'm IFing until our picnic dinner. I'm so excited!!! I'm going to bring the camera and take lots of pics of the boys.