Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 1,271 to 1,278 of 1278

Thread: lil_earthmomma's primal journal page 128

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great day!

Last night I made my awesome homemade caesar dressing, and we had chicken caesar salads.

I wasn't hungry until about 3pm today, and then I was ravenous, so I made another salad with the leftover dressing. We are out of chicken, and everything else was frozen, so it was a bacon salad. 5 strips of bacon chopped up over a huge mixing bowl of greens and dressing. YUM!

For dinner, the boys wanted breakfast, so I dug out my recipe for primal sausage patties, and made hollandaise, and poached some eggs. Mmmm primal eggs benny! Finished off with a couple of squares of dark chocolate.

I forgot how good primal cooking tastes, and how satisfying it is, without feeling gross of over-full. Happy happy happy.

I really need to work on my sleep though. I've been staying up really late, and sleeping in 4-5 hour chunks. 4am-9am, 2pm-5pm. Ugh. I need to get a decent sleep at night, instead of this sleeping in shifts. It's gonna take some work, but I'm definitely going to try to be more disciplined.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Another fantastic day! Hosted a dinner party. Grilled steaks topped with creamy mushroom sauce, dijon coated asparagus, roasted chipotle sweet potato chunks, and...

Chebe cinnamon rolls! Yes, these are carbarific, but grain free little nuggets of pure awesome!

Again, I feel satisfied, but not bloated or gross or over full. I am a happy Mama.
    -John Lennon

So I'm trying to focus on health this go around, not the scale. I have noticed I feel a hell of alot better with some carbs built into my daily diet. Fruit, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. So screw obsessing I want to have energy!!! lol

On that note, today I had shakshuka for lunch! Mmmmm how I have missed it. I also had an apple.

Dinner is on the way, a lovely steak which I intend to eat tuscan style (herbed garlic compound butter on top of a grilled peice of awesome!) with some asparagus and some spicy potatoes of some sort.

Now that the snow is melting, I really want to get back into the habit of walking daily. Also, I need to get onto my yoga mat. REALLY REALLY need to. So hopefully I can kick my ass into gear.
    -John Lennon

I'm not going to stress about levels. I've been doing this for a few years now, and I'm trying to focus on how I feel this time. I know I don't feel well VLC (I did less than 50g of carbs for over a year, so I was definitely keto-adapted) and I don't feel well eating CW garbage. Somewhere in the middle seems right. Lots of good meats, veg and some fruit and dairy.
    -John Lennon

Mmmmmmmmm another tuscan steak... buttery garlicky herbed goodness dripping all over a rare peice of meat. Yum!!! Also a bunch of mushrooms, onions and spinach all cooked together with a splash of wine, a splash of cream and some dijon to thicken it a bit. SO yum.
    -John Lennon

Great day yesterday!!!

My husband took me out for lunch to an all you can eat sushi place. I ate SO much sashimi. I never really liked sushi until I went primal and discovered the intense pleasure of sashimi. Buttery chunks of salmon, lovely chewy slices of clam... sigh. Bliss!

For dinner, I made caesar salad, and we had some roast turkey and potatoes. It was a special occasion, so I had a few glasses of wine. Great night!
    -John Lennon

Another wicked day. IF'd until dinner, which was a lovely seafood chowder, full of shrimp, scallops, clams, carrots and potato. Oh, and creeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaam. So good. Made lovingly for my Catholic extended family, to respect their fasting ritual. They all laughed that food this good could hardly count as fasting. Finished off with some fresh pineapple. Great dessert!!!
    -John Lennon

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday was wonderful! Leftover chowder for lunch, and sashimi for dinner with a bit of young coconut for dessert! The groklings went wild for the sashimi which delighted me, because it is so good for them!!! Nibbled on a bit of the meringe I was making for easter sunday dessert. Naughty!!! ha ha

Today was not bad. Some chocolate noshing, some milk guzzling (naughty!) some leftover sashimi. Then the main event. Prime rib, carmelized horseradish mashed potatoes, caesar salad. Eton mess for dessert. Basically broken meringue folded into whipped cream and berries. Super YUM!!!
    -John Lennon