Page 103 of 128 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1278

Thread: lil_earthmomma's primal journal page 103

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    how are you post surgery? you are post surgery, right? did i miss that? crazy me.
    This is week two! Feeling pretty good, but serious having trouble not doing yoga. Only 2 more weeks and I can get back at it!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Lil_EM! I love Emily's blog. She's sorta my inspiration. Gonna be a busy, busy week but hopefully this weekend I can play with some sauces.

Wow, it's been 2 weeks already? You're halfway there. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Thanks Lil_EM! I love Emily's blog. She's sorta my inspiration. Gonna be a busy, busy week but hopefully this weekend I can play with some sauces.

Wow, it's been 2 weeks already? You're halfway there. Hang in there!
    Ya, make yourself some wicked eggs benny this weekend!
    -John Lennon

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    can you lay down and put your feet up a wall? that's a good stretch for the legs and such. glad you're doing ok!

Ok time for some goal making!

I'm feeling really yucky with the no exercise thing, but now that I'm past 2 weeks I can move about freely, just avoid upper body work. So still no yoga, but hiking and walking are in!!!

I've definitely been overdoing the primal treats. I need to keep my eye on the prize. I wanna look ripped for these weddings this summer, so I need to kick it into high gear.

So, I'm going to do a lil_earthmomma's 30DONN.

Pretty much just how I aspire to eat.

Low amounts of dairy, (butter and cheese are fine. Cheese as a garnish/flavoring agent rather than a snack or meal.)
    Avoid the sugar! Fruit as a treat.

Heavy emphasis on vegetables. I sort of avoid these if I'm not on top of things, and I think they will help with satiety and other issues.

Exercise. Walking/hiking as often as possible. Yoga soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weights in april, and pull up challenge.

MORE SLEEP. I am such a sleep procrastinator. I want to be in bed by 10:30pm.

Destress. I need to be more organized and motivated to stay on top of my school work, house work etc.

More play. I need to take time to just have fun and play with my kiddos.

Ok, I'm going to keep myself accountable on my journal, with my goals and how I'm doing everyday.
    -John Lennon

My day today:
    Met most of my goals!!!

Lunch: Italian wedding soup, two bowls. I love bringing leftovers to school.
    snack: caesar salad. I was STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dinner: salmon en papillote, asparagus and hollandaise. (last night the boys ate a bucket of leftover stew, and I wasn't that hungry.)

Had the last of my treat grapefruit drinks. They are only 24g carbs, and the boys drank some.

Made fishies with my boys. Cut them out of card stock and then we made them all glittery and hung them on the wall. Super fun.

Then, ha ha (I'm such an evil genius mom) I convinced them to eat the salmon that they initially spit out by holding it out on a fork and shrieking "OH NO!!! A SHAAAAAAAAAARK! He's gonna EAT me! SHARK bait! Here take the shark bait instead!" They both ate an entire salmon steak. MWAHAHAHAHA! They had to run back and forth every time, and it was SO fun. DH thought we were crazy but I had a ball.

Now I'm getting ready for my early bed time! Yay!
    Last edited by lil_earthmomma; 03-07-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    -John Lennon

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Yay for making and meeting goals!

Mmm... Italian Wedding Soup... haven't had that in ages. Way back pre-Primal! I'm not sure what dinner is, but it sounds fancy and delicious!

OMG, you are a fantastic mama! Very creative!

+1 on early bedtime. I'm about to do that myself. *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Yay for making and meeting goals!

Mmm... Italian Wedding Soup... haven't had that in ages. Way back pre-Primal! I'm not sure what dinner is, but it sounds fancy and delicious!

OMG, you are a fantastic mama! Very creative!

+1 on early bedtime. I'm about to do that myself. *yawn*
    Salmon en papillote is salmon baked in parchment! It turns out super moist and awesome. I rubbed it with olive oil and salt and pepper. I layered it with slices of onion, lemon, fresh dill, and capers. Then you place it on parchment and fold the parchment into an envelope and roll the edges to seal. Bake at 375-400 for 20 min or so. Yum!!!
    -John Lennon

Today I did ok on my goals, but not great.

Again, no exercise. I wanted to walk, but it was snowing and slushy and gross. *pout*

Food was not bad. Kept it relatively primal, but a little too carby I think. I had some deli meats at a women's conference, and some raspberry puree with whipped cream. (Skipped the tart! ha ha) Then I scarfed way too much dark chocolate with hazelnuts. Sigh.

Dinner was spicy chorizo from that wicked german deli, and a bit of jalapeno havarti.

Played with the boys in the grocery store (people stared as we raced down the isles and I spun them around and around in the cart until we were all dizzy!). We bought dried fruit and nuts for the upcomming birthday party. I'm baking cupcakes and I'll ice them and then put out the dried fruit and nuts and dark chocolate bits and sprinkles and let the kiddos decorate their own cuppycake. Fun stuff!

Gonna go to bed early again tonight!
    Last edited by lil_earthmomma; 03-08-2011 at 11:39 PM.
    -John Lennon

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, so I didn't make it to bed quite as early as I would have liked, but still before midnight which is good.

Lunch was hot wings and salad at this neat little pub. No breading, WOOHOO!!! They were awesome about it too, making sure everything was gluten free for me. Delicious chicken caesar salad. The chicken was crusted in sea salt and pepper corns (super yum!) and the dressing was house made and really nice. Good portion sizes too. Hubby had an AMAZING chipotle steak salad. OMG it was so good. Definitely inspired me to make one at home in the near future.

Had some chocolate, not hungry so I may IF until tomorrow.

Tonight I have to work really hard and write a paper for English. I procrastinated and it's due at 11:55pm, so I have 6 hours. :S
    -John Lennon