Thread: jungle gym's page

jon tall tree is offline Senior Member

jungle gym's

Shop Now
    So I've been searching for a playground with a decent set up to workout on and have constantly found really low bars to use for pullups (like start from knees low) and the only thing that topped that was swingsets with 4+ inch pipes. I drove by what looked like a bodyweight workout area a few days ago and decided to check it out today. Boy did i get a laugh, while i found a good 7 ft pullup bar with a 4ft bar connected, a power tower set up for hammer grip pullups dips and ab work, and a power rower wich uses your bodyweight as resistance,the rest made me laugh. They had an ab bench (what's wrong with an ab bench you say) with really wide slots on the bench wich caused alot of pain in my tailbone, a elliptical type thing were you hold the handles and did a cross country skiing motion, they even had one for two were you face someone and use the same footings, a recumbant bike with no resistance, a seat on a pole with a hinge were you use your legs to push yourself away from the pole, and a nice stair master were as you step on one side the other goes up. Ill have to get some pictures for the later equipment.

Anyways i was wondering what other people had around them (if you've even read this far)
    I've seen a sweet setup in Al kavadlo's videos and was wondering if this was common

jon tall tree is offline Senior Member
    So after starting this thread i went online to do some searching and found the company that made the equipment. Their called greenfields and they have some nice equipment so i guess whoever designed this park was not into fitness unless it was cronic cardio

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jon tall tree View Post
    i found a good 7 ft pullup bar with a 4ft bar connected, a power tower set up for hammer grip pullups dips and ab work, and a power rower wich uses your bodyweight as resistance
    Sounds like you got enough to get a good session in with just that.

Quote Originally Posted by jon tall tree View Post
    I've seen a sweet setup in Al kavadlo's videos and was wondering if this was common
    Tompkins Square Park is one of a kind. I've never seen another quite like it.

Coney Island is Brooklyn has a pretty sweet set-up that was manufactured by a company called gametime. I've seen a few of their facilities in other parts of the country.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    The Parcourse by Gametime looks like the fitness set up in our local park. I attempted the pull up bar yesterday.
    Last edited by Lynna; 02-18-2011 at 10:00 AM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I don’t have much to add, only that if you ever go to poorer countries especially in Europe you will find many beautifully delipidated outdoor parks. Methinks it’s got something to do with communism.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I don’t have much to add, only that if you ever go to poorer countries especially in Europe you will find many beautifully delipidated outdoor parks. Methinks it’s got something to do with communism.
    China has really nice parks. We should take a lesson from them in that regard. The Chinese are out there doing Tai Chi, dancing, playing cards...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I know, I hate that 90% of parks in America are specifically made for little kids so when I’m out there parents think I’m disrupting their precious child’s play time and/or looking like a dang pedophile.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    I believe in the USA we are so phobic about being sued that we make parks that have no danger for little kids falling or getting hung up on instead for us grownup kids or younger kids who actually want some exercise. Some older parks like Thompkins square park (I used to live down the street from there 6th between Ave. C & D) still have the old style equipment us babyboomers grew up with. Can't even find a decent merry-go-round anymore cuz some kid might fly off and hurt themselves.
    hmmmmm