Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero Fruit and Minimal Veggies! page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

Zero Fruit and Minimal Veggies!

I have been Primal for over 2 months now and things are going nicely I think. I feel great and the fat is is still melting away. I notice that I have completely eliminated fruit (good thing right?) from my diet and have been eating maybe one serving of fibrous veggies a day, usually asparagus, brussel sprouts , or broccoli. I am not hungry often and have unconsciously been IFing. My diet has been made up mostly of red meat, pork, chicken, eggs, chorizo, water, coconut milk w/ whey protein, and my daily 8oz serving of Jack Daniels with one ice cube. =)) Does this sound good to you guys? I just stumbled into this way of eating for the last couple of weeks and I love it, but do I need to add the occasional fruit and eat more veggies? Again, I feel great and I guess feel guilty for enjoying so much meat!!

forgot to mention that I do take fish oil as well for my lack of fish in my diet.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    How often are you exercising? are you lifting heavy things and throwing in the occassional sprint? your diet is close to zero carbs, it wouldn't hurt you (at all) to eat like a sweet potato or some squash on the days in which you lift heavy. Cubed up and fried sweet potato is downright delicious next to a piece of meat, you can fry it in anything, but it tastes awesome cooked in bacon grease.

Yes, I have been sprinting once a week and lifting heavy things 3x a week. Deadlifts, Squats, etc....compound movements, plus the occasional HIIT workout. I tell you, my energy levels are great and my body is looking like never before. I mean i see cuts and am more vascular than ever. BUT, I have had a couple of times where i get dizzy/lightheaded in the gym. I love your sweet potato tip and I am going to take it. I workout first thing in the morning. Do you think eating the sweet potato or squash for dinner the night before is good timing? Thanks again for your insight bro.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Add some organ meats once or twice a week-- like chicken liver paté and or beef hearts (for micronutrients) & supplement vitamin D to sufficiency (if you don't get a lot of southern sun) & you are good.

Oh I forgot that too, LOL! I eat chicken livers once a week. I love chicken livers sauteed in butter and hot sauce!!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    what were you questioning? sounds like what youre doing is working and you feel good, congrats! beef liver tastes 100 time sbetter than chicken IMO. maybe try more than 3 vegetables... even if you dont eat them much or often you should keep it varied...collards are amazing. do you have a lot of weight to lose?

I don't know why i am questioning?? LOL! I guess because this all seems too damn easy and I am looking for something that I am doing wrong! I have made amazing gains in 2 months of Primal and I am working out less and I am sleeping better, etc., etc. I am kicking myself for not finding this way of life much sooner. Now if I can only convert my wife.........

P.S.- I'm with you 100% on the chicken livers. Love them!! Peace.

Mike7 is offline Senior Member
    I put mix frozen dairy on top of coconut milk, Greek yogurt, flat seed and Whey for my daily protien drink. You should give a it try.

Also the sweet potatoes is also a good idea. Check Marksdailyapple on sweet potatoes.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
    Yes, I have been sprinting once a week and lifting heavy things 3x a week. Deadlifts, Squats, etc....compound movements, plus the occasional HIIT workout. I tell you, my energy levels are great and my body is looking like never before. I mean i see cuts and am more vascular than ever. BUT, I have had a couple of times where i get dizzy/lightheaded in the gym. I love your sweet potato tip and I am going to take it. I workout first thing in the morning. Do you think eating the sweet potato or squash for dinner the night before is good timing? Thanks again for your insight bro.
    I'm not 100% sure how to answer your question because I always eat them after a workout, but you could argue that I'm eating them before my NEXT workout if that makes sense. The point is to restore glycogen, it MAY be the reason why you get light-headed. I would eat them a few hours after your workout, as in, whenever you normally eat, throw a sweet potato in the mix.

Glad things are going well for you. It's all about dedication, and you seem plenty dedicated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast