Thread: Trader Joe's page

gmartin is offline Junior Member

Trader Joe's

I am very fond of Trader Joe's, as are apparently many people on this site. As a newcomer, I am confused about something. If dairy is one of the primary verboten items in PB, then why do so many posts mention that a usual part of their shopping lists at TJ's is yogurt?

I'm 9 days in, and in the 3rd day of a very unpleasant (and rather discouraging) lethargy, headaches, and general achiness -- the carb flu, from what I've read. When does the renewed energy and transformed life that brought me to this journey start to kick in??

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is in the grey zone: if you're trying to lose fat or have autoimmune, dairy may need to come out; if not, most think it's okay.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Some folks don't eat dairy, some do, so that's why you'll see it on some people's shopping list. The PB book suggests it's something to "enjoy in moderation." Those who are trying to lose faster or those who have issues with dairy tend to avoid it.

As for the carb flu, I can't offer much insight. I didn't experience it myself, and I think the severity, timing, and duration varies tremendously from person to person. Maybe others who've experienced it will chime in.

marielle is offline Member
    I had the carb flu for two days, but it was just extreme tiredness and irritability.

Even though I'm trying to lose weight, I still get the Pastures of Eden sheep's milk feta from Trader Joe's to sprinkle on my salads and in my omelets. I think sheep or goat's milk cheese is better than cow's.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Even if dairy is off your list, pastured butter is one of the cheapest sources of healthy fat around. TJ carries it.

Gordo