Thread: Diabetes support? page

Saoirse is offline Senior Member

Diabetes support?

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,
    I'm looking for some info on how Primal food and low-carb can help a person reduce their A1C. I just got off the phone with my dear Dad, who is struggling a little in this regard. He's a very active person, and in great health other than diabetes. He said he's open to reading a few articles. So, hit me up. If this was your dad, what links would you send him? He knows a little about the primal diet, but I think still believes whole grains are healthy and saturated fats are not.

krassi is offline Member
    I think you might want to check out this blog: http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/

PatrickF is offline Senior Member
    I like this post: http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...diet-part.html

It's short, easy to understand and shows obvious positive results.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    You may find something on Robb Wolf's site. I'm linking to a testimonial:
    http://robbwolf.com/2011/02/14/real-...he-paleo-diet/

maba is offline Senior Member

emmie is offline Senior Member
    This isn't primal or paleo, but if your Dad is diabetic, you should really introduce him to Dr. Richard Bernstein's Diabetic Solution. It's a book but he also has a website that provides almost all the same info. What I like is that he provides diabetics with the science behind his dietary recommendations. All my siblings have Type2, and I follow Dr. B's recommendations to avoid developing diabetes myself--it seems to be working for me.

His own story is fascinating. He was an engineer who developed Type 1 diabetes as a young adult. He followed the conventional recommendations for diabetic diets and found his blood sugar soaring. So he began testing various foods and discovered how a diabetic SHOULD eat to control his/her blood sugar--low carb, of course. However, he had no credibility in the medical community--so he went to medical school. He has been a practicing endo here in NY for a long, long time. He is very well respected among diabetics, but has still not be able to affect the CW that is constantly promoted and keeps diabetics unhealthy.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Definitely Dr Bernstein - I didn't mention him because I thought everyone knows about him.