Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys vary your workouts or do you keep the same for a couple of weeks? page

traintolive is offline Senior Member

Do you guys vary your workouts or do you keep the same for a couple of weeks?

Shop Now
    Do you guys vary your workouts or do you keep the same for a couple of weeks?
    Grok from Germany

Primal since End/Beginning of 2010/2011

nilaiha is offline Member
    most of what i do still revolves around the same basic movements, I'll just kind of mix and match things. I just built myself a sandbag, so I'm starting to play with new things, but I'm planning on only using it to supplement the things I already do. Staples include pushups(several variations), pullups, squats and planks.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I need to fix my damn sandbag. Until I do, it's the same: SimpleFit.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    i'm on week 8 of starting strength, same 2 workouts over and over - and i have no problem with it
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

amberlee is offline Senior Member
    I try mix things up -- I keep Mark's principles in mind but try do fun stuff I am in the mood for

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member
    I mix it up alot without overtraining a specific muscle group. I try to stick to compound movements and variations of them. I have really been training instinctively lately meaning I will not plan a workout but instead do what my body feels like doing, unless that means overtraining a specific muscle group. Sometimes a will deadlift heavy, but low reps. Other times light weight, high reps. Sometimes Tabatas, sometimes a crossfit workout. I love being outside and I absolutely love doing stair workouts where I will climb say 10 flights of stairs and then at the top bust out as many burpees or pushups that I can and then recover descending the stairs and then repeat. I am a firefighter and that is an awesome job specific workout. Anyway, sorry for rambling on. You guys get me fired up here, lol, love this website,love being Primal. Grok on!!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i stick with PBF a lot of the time. that's about all i do this time of year. but, once it gets warmer, my workouts will vary a lot as i go outside

RobbieC is offline Member
    I still do CrossFit twice a week...usually from the HQ main page. Which is constantly varied. I also do a typical CrossFit dynamic warm up before, which includes lots of air squats, pull ups, and push ups (plus handstand walks, jumping rope, bear crawls, and cartwheels).

But I make sure that at least twice a week I hit either heavy dead lifts, back squats, overhead squats, cleans, and snatches (5 x 5) (if they are not already a part of the WoD).
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

jon tall tree is offline Senior Member
    Yea Im out there with Rob i keep to the basic PBF till it's warm out then ill be outside climbing trees chasing deer and other outdoor activities again

Vick is offline Senior Member
    I did a 12 week cycle of strength training. I do strength training once a week. Every week progressed. I either increased in time or weight. When I failed to increase... I changed my routine by decreasing the number of exercises per week.

For me... my best routine is to do resistance training once a week. I do one upper body routine a week and a leg press every week for weight loss.

Any exercise I do besides that is for what I have coming up as a personal event. For example... this weekend my wife and I plan on skating the Rideau Canal... weather permitting. For the past six weeks we have been skating at least once a week in preparation.

Does that make sense?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast