Thread: Coconut water page

NicoleP is offline Senior Member

Coconut water

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know if coconut water fits in with PB? I really like to drink a little bit now and then after a hard workout. It has very little, if any fat since it comes from green coconuts. I cannot imagine that Grok wouldn't have taken advantage of it at some point. Thanks for any help. I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

I maintain it's ok after a workout. Make sure the brand you're buying is unsweetened, but natural coconut water does have a measurable amount of sugar in it. I personally don't drink it as a substitute for normal water with meals, but after working out I find it's just the thing my body wants. The natural electrolytes are good for replenishment and it's not full of artificial flavors or sweeteners like Gatorade. The Vita Coco brand has 11g of sugars (which IS the carb content) for 8.5 fl oz, which doesn't sound all that bad to me. I'm sure someone will come along with a more scientific explanation!

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Vita Coco is the one I drink. I like the flavored ones, but I know they have a small amount of juice in them so I stay away. Sometimes when I feel dehydrated I drink a ton of water, but don't actually feel better until I drink a coconut water. It is not something I do every day.