Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carb cravings page

pattyd is offline Senior Member

Carb cravings

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    While most of the time I`m not affected last night I had some intense carb cravings!! What do you guys do when this happens?
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Eat something else, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Eat something else, mostly.
    So I shouldn`t just fight it and eat nothing....I should eat but not refined carbs right? And don`t say keep them out
    of your house;unfortunately I live with people who eat a SAD so that`s not an option really.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Some people recommend eat something with fat in it. I stupidly ate 2 pieces of candy last night ( it didn't even taste good, some chocolate with a Bailey's filling) that someone had given me and then felt sick for the next 3 hours, with a pounding heart and yuck feeling. I've only been primal for 4 weeks, it was not good.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyd View Post
    So I shouldn`t just fight it and eat nothing....I should eat but not refined carbs right? And don`t say keep them out
    of your house;unfortunately I live with people who eat a SAD so that`s not an option really.
    Yeah, if you’re actually physically hungry (and if you’re having cravings it can go either way, a lot of it is mental) think of something else you enjoy that obviously isn’t refined carbs and eat that instead. I don’t really get cravings anymore, but when I did my go-to was always eggs, or bacon, or both. I can eat bacon and eggs at any time I think… once I got over the fear of fat and cholesterol it was all good.

canio6 Guest
    And don`t say keep them out of your house;unfortunately I live with people who eat a SAD so that`s not an option really.

When I say "keep them out of the house" I am refering to people who eat SAD (kidding!)

I second what iniQuity said. Bacon is my food of choice. Even cooking bacon, the smell etc, takes my mind off other things.

denise is offline Senior Member
    hmmm. Carb cravings. BUT do you mean ANY carbs - like a sweet potato or some root veg - OR do you mean sugary/starchy goodies like chocolate and cake or pizza or something??

If its the first - smack it with some fat and protein. Couple of eggs in coconut oil, bacon, etc etc.

If its the second - thats not real hunger and you need to distract yourself and get away from it. I guess eating something else MIGHT work, but for me in those circumstances the craving still itches even after stuffing myself with other things. Plus, these days, when its a craving I cannot think of a single "good" thing i could bear to eat (cos guess what, I''m not hungry!)

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    When I say "keep them out of the house" I am refering to people who eat SAD (kidding!)

I second what iniQuity said. Bacon is my food of choice. Even cooking bacon, the smell etc, takes my mind off other things.
    LMBO!! Sometimes I wish I could kick them all out!! But I`d probably get arrested for child neglect lol and husband abuse.....and mother in law abuse

Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    hmmm. Carb cravings. BUT do you mean ANY carbs - like a sweet potato or some root veg - OR do you mean sugary/starchy goodies like chocolate and cake or pizza or something??

If its the first - smack it with some fat and protein. Couple of eggs in coconut oil, bacon, etc etc.

If its the second - thats not real hunger and you need to distract yourself and get away from it. I guess eating something else MIGHT work, but for me in those circumstances the craving still itches even after stuffing myself with other things. Plus, these days, when its a craving I cannot think of a single "good" thing i could bear to eat (cos guess what, I''m not hungry!)
    Things like pretzels and chips and crunchy packaged crap like that.

canio6 Guest
    and mother in law abuse
    I am not sure there is a jury in America that would convict you of that. I actually bought a snake because my exMIL stated that if I got one she would never come to visit. She lied and came anyway. Good pet though..the snake, not the MIL >.>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast