Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Inspiration: Change Your Body, Not Your Wieght! Please Add Your Story! page

john_solo is offline Senior Member

Some Inspiration: Change Your Body, Not Your Wieght! Please Add Your Story!

Since going primal I'm down almost two pants sizes, I can lift more than ever, and I look and feel better than ever. However, the scale has barely moved. It's taken me a while to get beyond the fact that I am not 'losing weight' but I am indeed changing my body for the better. I wanted to post something for all the newbies who might be a bit frustrated that the scale hasn't been moving:

STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE SCALE! IT'S JUST A NUMBER

Now, everyone else who has seem positive changes without any scale movement, please post your story!

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    I've posted mine too many times here to even look.... Short and Sweet Version:

Went from a tight 10-12 pants to Size 0-2 pants ( jeans)
    Scale weight: loss of 10 scale pounds

Russ is offline Senior Member
    Although I've lost a good bit of weight (about 70 lbs at this point) i've noticed that as my weight loss has started to go slower (i was at 5lbs a week, then less and less and less) my waist has continued to go down at a steady rate. So even though it looks like im plateauing if you look at the scale, im still getting smaller.
    Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
    Current Weight: 266lbs
    High-school Weight: 235lbs
    Goal: ????

keji is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessGrok View Post

Whoa..

Reborn Grokker is offline Senior Member
    I love this thread! Ditch the scales! I started last year (Jan 10) doing CW, around June learned about this site and kept cleaning my diet up more and more. Oct 10 I hit 30 lbs lost (169). In Jan 11, I went 100% primal. My strength has increased very quickly, my energy has gotten much better, I'm more positive and alert, I LOVE the food I get to eat. The scale has moved 4lbs in the last month, but I've lost .5" off my waist, 1" off my butt, 1" off my mommy gut.
    Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Im down 16 lbs total since starting and my waist size hasnt "officially" changed to anything smaller (yet). However, I wear my belt on a notch smaller than when I started Paleo and my clothes & pants are all fitting looser (I have kind of a really strange build anyway. Im kind of built like a cinder block-short and wide-so I expect my waist will be last for where I see changes).

The good news is my energy level is through the roof! And I am EXTREMELY strong in my workouts. I definitely can see and tell a difference there. Its addicting....

I have been Paleo since 1-4-11. Plan on remaining Paleo for the rest of my life....regardless of what the stupid scale does!!!!

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessGrok View Post

That's incredible!

My story - I lost 50 pounds from my highest weight but barely 2 pants sizes. I've only lost ~8 pounds (and now have gained back about 4 of those, probably water weight from carbs or bloating of some kind) since October, but lost 2 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my lower abdomen. Even the measurements don't fully encapsulate what's going on with my body; I can feel and see that the fat is disappearing from the back fat-forwards.

batty is offline Senior Member

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member

Hey Batty...speaking for some of us Groks....Me like Cave-Woman with curves!!!!! Cave Woman that is "strong as bull" is
    sexy!!!!Dont give me a waif (she will remind me of a raw vegan!)

But seriously, I think women are MUCH harder on other women about their weight & self image.

eisenreich is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Although the scale can be a useful tool, it's all about two words: body composition. Pick up a full length mirror and track your results that way (in addition to compliments from others saying how good you've been looking lately)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast