Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propolis page

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member

Propolis

Primal Fuel
    I am cutting all sugar from my diet... unless its naturally occurring in veggies. Can't do anything about that. But everywhere else I am getting rid of the stuff.

Then I was thinking... I take propolis. Propolis comes from bees. Bees make honey. Honey is very sugary. Does propolis contain a lot of sugar? I tried google-ing it, couldn't come up with an answer.

So if you know about propolis, its health benefits, and its sugar content. Please comment.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Grizz is offline Banned
    Nix,
    Why are you taking propolis?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicki
    Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees collect from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. It is used as a sealant for unwanted open spaces in the hive. Propolis is used for small gaps (approximately 6 millimeters (0.2 in) or less), while larger spaces are usually filled with beeswax. . . . . . . . . . . Natural medicine practitioners use propolis for the relief of various conditions, including inflammations, viral diseases, ulcers, superficial burns or scalds.[citation needed] Propolis is also believed to promote heart health, strengthen the immune system and reduce the chances of cataracts.[14] Old beekeepers[citation needed] recommend a piece of propolis kept in the mouth as a remedy for a sore throat. Propolis lozenges and tinctures can be bought in many countries.......may show powerful local antibiotic and antifungal properties. . . . . .treating skin burns......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propolis
    So bottom line, no sugar in propolis.

Grizz

Nix
    Well I am taking it because basically my immune system is non-existent. I have been having chronic yeast infections, and pain in my urethra like a UTI but with no infection. I have been to many many doctors. No one knows whats wrong with me. In addition to those I have dizzy spells, sore muscles and joints for no reason (sometimes extreme pain), extremely tired, lymph node swelling, hypoglycemic etc. One doctor said I might have chronic fatigue syndrome. My urologist thinks I have Interstitial Cystitis. I have been tested for genetic disorders, lupus (and other auto-immune disorders), AIDS, thyroid disease, diabetes etc. Its actually quit debilitating sometimes. I am 24, but feel like I am 50 something. This week I don't even have energy to workout.

So yeah, I have been trying to up my immune system and get better overall health. I hate feel like this. I can't even remember what it feels like to be normal and healthy.
    Current weight 130lbs

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest reading up on adrenal fatigue/exhaustion. That might yield some clues. If that is a problem for you, you might need to add some sea salt to help with the dizziness. Are you on a good probiotic? How long have you been primal?
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    I would suggest reading up on adrenal fatigue/exhaustion. That might yield some clues. If that is a problem for you, you might need to add some sea salt to help with the dizziness. Are you on a good probiotic? How long have you been primal?
    I will look into adrenal fatigue. Thanks for th suggestion. I have only been primal for three days. So I could just be experience horrible sugar flu symptoms making my normal symptoms worse this week. I do take a good probiotic. I just actually started a new one. I have taken some in the past, but I couldn't tell a difference taking them. Could bamboo salt sub for sea salt? Here is something else that is really strange. I always feel thirsty. I drink probably over 2L of water a day.
    Current weight 130lbs

apple is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    I highly second this. And I suggest looking into systemic candidiasis. The chronic yeast infections are pretty good indication that you may be suffering from that too. Fortunately, going primal (as in removing all sources of sugar and grains--food for candida) should take care of candidiasis if I understand it correctly.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Nix,

Are you taking your Vitamin D3? Muscle & joint pain, immune deficiency are typical of severe Vitamin D3 Deficiency. You need to take 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 Gelcaps daily, then get your blood tested after 3 months. Vitamin D3 is VITAL to your good health.
    Read this article:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/z028357_v...eficiency.html
    More on this subject below.

Always thirsty & take 2 L of water a day? That reminds me of something. I'll post later when it comes to me. For now, lets focus on the obvious-Vitamin D3 Deficiency.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-17-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    I highly second this. And I suggest looking into systemic candidiasis. The chronic yeast infections are pretty good indication that you may be suffering from that too. Fortunately, going primal (as in removing all sources of sugar and grains--food for candida) should take care of candidiasis if I understand it correctly.
    I have been leaning towards systemic candidiasis. I was even on the candida diet for a while, but I couldn't do it because it was no sugar, no grains, no fruit, and also low fat. It just sucks because I hear you need to cut out all sugars (including fruit) for 6months to a year for it to be effective. This is actually on of the reason I am really drawn to primal living. I am hoping this will let me get rid of the yeast finally.

I am not currently taking vitamin D. Maybe I should try taking that as well. As of now I am taking a daily vitamin, propolis, probiotic, and cranberry vitamin C. I also take dietary fiber.
    Current weight 130lbs

apple is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I have been leaning towards systemic candidiasis. I was even on the candida diet for a while, but I couldn't do it because it was no sugar, no grains, no fruit, and also low fat. It just sucks because I hear you need to cut out all sugars (including fruit) for 6months to a year for it to be effective. This is actually on of the reason I am really drawn to primal living. I am hoping this will let me get rid of the yeast finally.

I am not currently taking vitamin D. Maybe I should try taking that as well. As of now I am taking a daily vitamin, propolis, probiotic, and cranberry vitamin C. I also take dietary fiber.
    Yeah, trying to do it low fat totally sucks! I had to do it like 5 years ago . I ate chicken EVERY DAY and got so bored. It sucked. I did it for 6 months and was so bored of chicken that I went vegan for 4 years in rebellion. (wish I knew of primal then, I would probably have zero problems right now if I had stuck with it but done high fat) Try it more primal-like, with lots of fat, and you won't think about food as much and you won't be miserably hungry!
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nix,

Here are the many horrific symptoms of vitamin D3 deficiency. You will recognize many of these. It is far more than a vitamin, it is actually a required hormone that we are supposed to get from direct sunlight. Unfortunately, we work indoors, we use sunscreen, and generally avoid the sun.
    http://www.medhelp.org/posts/recover...s/show/1257522

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-17-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast