Thread: substitute for coconut oil? page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

substitute for coconut oil?

I was contemplating attempting the energy bar recipe here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-energy-bar-redux/

But there is no where around to get it and was wondering if it could be subbed for some other oil or something else.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Butter should work but the bar will probably not be as firm at room temperature.

Check Walmart for coconut oil, I think they carry Luanne brand or somethung like that...maybe not uber organic but probably fine for this.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've noticed a lot of my local grocery stores have begun carrying Spectrum brand organic coconut oil, but not a one of them puts it in their actual oil section. Giant Foods puts it on their *natural* aisle (it is one of the few things on that aisle that is not made with grain). Bloom carries it on their baking aisle between the Pam and the Crisco. I wasn't able to find a coconut oil at my local Wal Mart, but I was in a hurry the one day I tried to find it.

In any case, I'd ask someone who works there where it is and if they don't have it, ask them to order it. Because, you know, coconut oil just rocks like that.