Thread: Question about Primal Blueprint Fitness page

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

Question about Primal Blueprint Fitness

Primal Fuel
    Hi. Maybe my understanding on English is too weak for this. Okay, some quotes:
    "For each LHT workout complete two cycles,
    back-to-back, of each of the five movement
    sets."
    and later
    "Rest During Sets Ė Try to knock out all your goal reps in one go each cycle. If you canít get there in a single shot take a short break and then add to your total. Take as few breaks as needed to get you to your goal number. Never take more than about three minutes for any single set, and if youíre only adding a few seconds or a single rep to your cumulative total after a short break then youíve reached the end of that set. Move on to the next set in the cycle once youíve either reached your goal number or have reached the max reps you are able to complete within a reasonable amount of time."
    I don't understand this. If I can do 35 inclined pushups (needed 50), should I rather stop with 35 and go to the next exercise, or wait a minute and do 15 more? I want to follow Mark's plan without modifications
    I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Wait a minute or so and do the additional 15. I still have to take a break in my pullups and pushups, but I'm trying to push further each time before taking a break
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

David_DC is offline Senior Member
    I have a similar question. anywhere I can get what a BEGINNERS PB workout should look like? I'm looking to get direct and straight to the point info.

How many sets and reps of each exercise
    rest time between sets and exercises etc.

I did my first PB workout last wknd including push ups, planks, squats, pull ups and hand stand pushups but still not sure I did the right amount set and rep wise.

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member
    I think you should do assesment by doing Pushups, Pullups, Full Squats, Dive Bombers and Forearm/Feet Plank
    Then you look at the charts and you choose your exercise
    Now personally, if I will do too little pushups to advance, I will alternate things: on one workout I will do 50 in sets (eg. 16+17+16), on other day I will just do how much I can without falling to the ground (no more than 50) and continue with the next exercise. My opinion is that if you want just to get stronger you can pause as much if you want, but to gain muscle mass quicker it would not be good
    I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

dbushman82 is offline Junior Member
    I was wondering about this too. Is the goal to do 50 reps without rest before you can move on to the next stage of difficulty for that exercise?

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbushman82 View Post
    I was wondering about this too. Is the goal to do 50 reps without rest before you can move on to the next stage of difficulty for that exercise?
    If I understand it correctly you would need to be able to do 50 reps twice (once in each cycle). And it should be easy for you to do before you move on to the next stage.

Jerome is offline Junior Member
    I want to know about the blueprint fitness, how can we perform it,
    and how it is helpful in fitness.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    There is a PBF ebook. It details everything.

I try to do all of my reps in one shot without resting. So, I'm level 2 of push ups. I need to to do 50 in each set. Yesterday I did 40 in the first set and 30 the second time through. I just go until I can't get myself back off the ground.