Thread: Leangains is just not clear to me, need help page

milkycereal is offline Banned

Leangains is just not clear to me, need help

Primal Fuel
    I've looked at leangains.com, understand the 16/8 principle and integrated that into my life easily. I workout fasted np, but I don't understand what i'm supposed to eat...I know alotta protein, but he says higher carbs on workout days.

So would I be on the right path if I ate 2-3 sweet potatoes with each meal on workoutdays INSTEAD of supplementing carbs with fat, and on all other days eat primal as usual? ( low carbs, comming from veggies) and high fat?

Thats it right?

I'm not doing refeeds so no need to explain that....

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Martin can be long winded, but he's through, so if you take the time, the answers are all there.

But I'm thick, so I have to keep it simple.

Non training days - as in no heavy compounds, last feed at 10pm, first solid meal at around 1pm the following day.
    Meat and veg for dinner.

Training days, same thing except I have a pre workout drink with some Carob powder, whey and BCAA and maby some fruit.
    Post workout dinner, meat and sweet potato in some form.

Simple.

Don't confuse Leangains with paleo eating. Two different animals.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    I just do the 16-8 split and try to eat more fat/less carb on non-lifting days, and vice versa for lifting days.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    I just do the 16-8 split and try to eat more fat/less carb on non-lifting days, and vice versa for lifting days.
    Pretty much the same here as well, although I focus more on the time frames than the macro's; and about once a week I throw in a longer fast.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog