Thread: Meat Dishes?? page

Prime is offline Senior Member

Meat Dishes??

Shop Now
    I'm transitioning from vegetarian diet to primal diet. I can eat bacon as-is (YUM!) but other meats are a bit daunting. I'm looking for some recipes or ideas that can turn a slab of meat into something less intimidating. Like making chicken salad instead of eating a chicken breast. Or tiny meatballs in the crockpot with veggies, instead of a pot roast.

Any recommendations would be appreciated! I'm new to cooking and dealing with meat, so the simpler the better. Thanks, everyone

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    I don't know if this what you are looking for but I make a great pasta free spaghetti. Real simple. I brown hamburger in a pan, toss in some diced onion and garlic and cook it until translusent. I then add diced eggplant, mushrooms and what ever vegetables I have (broccoli, cauliflower, grated carrots, etc) I add spaghetti sauce (either jarred or homemade) and simmer. I make the sauce pretty thick. In a frying pan I saute julienned zuchinni in butter until soft. The zuchinni is used instead of pasta. I put the zuchinni on a plate and put the sauce on top. You can add spicy sausage to the hamburger.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    You should really get Mark's Primal Cook Book - soooooo worth the purchase.

A personal favorite is any steak seared in coconut oil - I usually do 3-5 minutes per side on medium-high heat and it comes out medium rare. Salt and pepper is the only seasoning I use - though I did some flank steak tonight that I seasoned with lime juice, salt, pepper, minced garlic and ground cumin before searing (coconut oil again) and then sliced thin across the grain and served with fresh made salsa, fresh made guacamole, shredded lettuce, and cheese - fresco fajitas sans tortillas.

I was doing 2 flank steaks in one pan so I didn't have space to do sliced onion and bell pepper in with the steak, but it takes about the same time to cook.

Salsa - finely dice 1/2 of a medium red onion and 2 medium tomatoes, mix with the juice from 1 lime, a tsp of minced garlic, a dash of dry red pepper, and fresh chopped cilantro (to taste). Save out 1 tsp each of diced onion and tomato

Guacamole - peel, seed and mash 2 avocados, stir in a tsp of minced garlic and a tsp each of diced tomato and onion (from your salsa), salt and pepper to taste.

A little shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar (or maybe Monterey Jack - or even Manchego if you're feeling particularly decadent), sour cream if you're into that, and you're good to go.

And I still have 2 lbs of sliced flank steak waiting for me @ lunch tomorrow. (And probably the next day, too)