Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Workout Videos For Women? page

Jenn is offline Senior Member

Best Workout Videos For Women?

What are the best/most primal workout videos for women? I am a typical girl that wants to lose lower body fat. Thanks!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Which part of your exercise are you looking to get from the videos... the "lift heavy things," the "move slowly," or the "sprint"?

I love love love bodyrock.tv - not really workout videos in that you don't follow along with them, but there are videos showing how to do each move so you know you're doing it right. I consider it both part of my lifting and my sprinting. =]

Edited to add: my brain blocked out the "for women" part of your question when I wrote this.. maybe you could expand on what that means to you, because I'm having trouble imagining a workout where that's relevant.
    Last edited by mayness; 02-16-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Excellent suggestion, dragonmamma! That shuffle is particularly effective. The warmup is the best I've seen yet.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    I don't look for videos "for women" when it comes to exercise. Have you tried shovelglove or sandbag workouts?

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    Mayness, looking for the "lift heavy things" part. I like bodyweight exercises but can't just look at Mark's WOW and do it on my own. What I meant by 'for women' was something that focused more on losing lower body fat. Thanks for the suggestions!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You can't target areas to lose fat from, and fat loss comes mostly from diet, not exercise.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Kaeden is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    What are the best/most primal workout videos for women? I am a typical girl that wants to lose lower body fat. Thanks!
    To echo the post above me, you can not target fat loss. To change your composition you need to get a very clean diet and lift heavy. Stronglifts 5x5 is my fav, starting strength or leangains.

Also women's fitness requirements do not differ from Men's. Results come from the same sources. Lifting heavy stuff and moving often.

a_morgan24 is offline Senior Member
    'Workout: one-one-one Training with Jackie"
    I haven't done it in quite a while but remember it kicking my butt. It's 3 20 minute segments, one for arms, legs and abs. Pretty quick circuit training but gets your heart rate up too and you can use different weights based on your level.

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    While I am new to PB and I haven`t tried PBF ....I can`t speak from experience there. I love all the P90X workouts though......or any of the Beachbody workouts. W/out doing any research I`m not sure if they fit in the Primal Blueprint or not. I can say however that I feel great eating Primal and doing the workouts I mentioned. Diet is 80% of weight management.....
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast