Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 30/30/30 Project ~ a_morgan24 page 3

a_morgan24 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday:
    B: eggs with green chili salsa from whole foods (delish), bacon and 1/2 grapefruit
    L: leftover pork chops and butternut squash soup
    D: Cheated! I ate my weight in Sushi but I don't feel bad. It was delicious and totally worth it

WOD:
    As many rounds in 12 minutes of:
    10 pullups (I did ring rows because my hands are still torn from last week)
    10 lunges, each leg
    10 ball slams, 45 lbs (30 lbs)
    Results ~ 6 rounds + 31 reps

Big changes in the job situation. New company offered a pretty sweet deal yesterday and it sounds like present company may not have headcount to move me to full-time so could be a career change coming my way soon... I told them I'd answer them tomorrow. I see spreadsheets with pros/cons in my future. I have a spreadsheet for everything, it's ridiculous.

Going with a friend for a ... different ... kind of workout tonight and I am stoked! Talk about a diversion from CrossFit. Apparently, it's a lot of fun and a killer workout. I'll try anything once! I'll report back tomorrow on how it went.

B: more eggs/bacon/green chili salsa and grapefruit
    L: BA Taco S
    D: bunless Burger and wedge salad at the dive bar next to my 2nd new favorite gym.

One of my most favorite Crossfit buddies quit our gym and has been trying out some new workouts so I went with her last night and it was awesome! Sometimes I get burnt out just doing one thing over and over so that was exactly what I needed. I'll definitely be returning.

Going to do this WOD today at noon,
    3 rounds for time of:
    12 power cleans, 135 lbs (95 lbs)
    12 pullups
    400 meter run
    and then have softball at 8:30 tonight. Speaking of Spring ball... OPENING DAY TOMORROW!!! I am a pretty big Rockies fan (well, baseball fan in general) and tomorrow is day numero uno vs. the Diamondbacks. And I will BE THERE! I anticipate a few beers (it's not baseball without beer and sunflower seeds, sorry) so will work extra hard today.

And about that job... I am singing Sheryl Crowe today... a chaaaange, will do you good. I took the new job offer! Gave my notice and get a week off in between so trying to decide which out of town friend to go visit for a quick trip. Travel bug is biting.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Awesome update. New job with more $, new ROCKIES SEASON and a whole week's vacation. Awesome. Life is good!
    ad astra per aspera

Heck yea, life is SO good! And to top it all off, it's Friday!

Food was standard yesterday except I skipped dinner, ran out of time running around before softball and totally missed it. I went to the gym at noon for a killer WOD and then got suckered in to playing a 2nd game last night. Sadly, my body needs rest, it's been beat up pretty severely this week. Today, I shall prop up my feet, grab a cold beer and watch baseball. To be good to my aching bones

Talked to my old man today and decided to go visit him during the week off between the job change. His Grass Fed beef business is taking off! I am so proud of this little family biz. Apparently, he is going to be on TV soon! Some cooking show/channel contacted him about a show they are doing on Grass Fed beef and they will be interviewing him as well as following him around for a "day in the life" type of deal. His ranch is beautiful so I am sure it will turn out great. I would love to see a city slicker chef on my Dad's ornery horse rounding up cattle... let's hope I am there while they film.
    Last edited by a_morgan24; 04-01-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Another Monday... sigh. Had a great weekend despite the snow yesterday. Only in CO - it was 85 degrees on Saturday and snowed yesterday.
    Enjoyed Friday Rockies fun, went on a 5 mile hike on Saturday where I actually ran parts of it. I hate running but doing it in pretty scenery at least makes it a little bit more fun. But I had even more fun on Saturday night! Went Salsa dancing for the first time and loved it. It was a blast and definitely had my heart pumping and legs working. Had more of a stay-in-and-veg day yesterday to recover and reboot for the week.
    My goal is to get in 4 WODs this week and 1 different workout, the birthday is sneaking up on me and while I've been doing well enough working out, I need to step it up a notch. Hopefully having some time off, I'll be able to get more exercise in and get into a good routine again.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Wow, I'm right here with you on your goals: I turn 30 in a week, but I have a big trip planned on May 30th and would like to weigh 130-ish (actually, just would like to see my jeans fit a certain way, but the 130 is a pretty good goal). I've been wanting to try crossfit but it's so expensive and I can do weight lifting at home for free and make up my own WOD outside or in my basement. Oh, and I can totally relate to working a lot and struggling with social events. I have perfect weeks followed by...weekends. But it's amazing how just a couple of days of rigid habits can result in changes.

Happy upcoming birthday. Congrats on the new job!

Thanks, Slesca, good luck to you too! I stopped weighing myself a few weeks ago because I was staying at the same weight but knew my body is changing. Tried on the Vegas bathing suit this weekend and didn't want to punch the mirror... so that's progress! Where are you going on vacation to celebrate?

Yesterday:
    B: scrambled eggs, bacon, strawberries, cottage cheese
    L: BAS
    D: Yummy beef/pork/veggie meatloaf and steamed veggies, glass of vino

WOD was rough, As many rounds in 20 minutes of:
    4 front squats, 135 lbs (85 lbs)
    8 kettlebell swings, 24 kg (16 kg)
    12 pullups
    I only did 75 lb front squats and I am SLOW at pullups so I only managed to get in 7 full rounds plus 12 reps.

Not going to make it to the gym today due to a good bye work lunch and plans this evening but going to see if I can sneak out for a run this afternoon with the d.o.g.g.
    Last edited by a_morgan24; 04-06-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Tuesday:
    B: kielbasa, cottage cheese, 1/2 grapefruit
    L: BAS
    D: leftover meatloaf, sweet potato, steamed veggies.
    Didn't get any kind of workout in yesterday, just too busy. Back to the gym today, though! Today is the last day of my current job and then I wound up with a week and a half off so heading to Illinois this weekend to spend some time with my Dad. I am going to visit a few CrossFit affiliates to workout and hopefully score a few new clients for the family business.

Weds ~
    B: eggs, sausage, 1/2 grapefruit
    L: egg salad, raw veggies, avocado
    D: pulled pork/turkey from BBQ place and salad

WOD:
    5 rounds for time of:
    5 barbell thrusters, 95 lbs (65 lbs)
    10 ring rows
    15 pushups
    20 situps
    25 double-unders
    My time was 14:59. The fact that I can do double-unders helps big time in those wods. That was a tough workout!!

Going back for more today and filling the rest of the day with some errands and maybe a pedicure! Why not? I'm unemployed For a week and a half before starting my new job and I plan to take full advantage! I haven't taken a day off since October so I am soaking it up.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    I'm going to San Fran. I'm really looking forward to the time with my female friends and sisters.

Enjoy your time off! I have a "do nothing" vacation scheduled for me this summer and I can't wait.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast