Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 30/30/30 Project ~ a_morgan24 page 2

a_morgan24 is offline Senior Member
    Woke up feelin' good today. I got to relax last night while watching some Dexter and making jewelry and FINALLY getting a good long night of sleep!

Monday B: Omelet w/ Turkey, feta and tomato
    L: leftover chili from awesome recipe that I found on here
    D: Roasted turkey, green beans and sweet potato

CrossFit WOD - 50 reps on the 5 minute interval of:
    pullups
    pushups
    wall ball shots
    burpees
    It almost felt like my coach hand-picked some of my biggest weaknesses and threw them all together. It hurt but I didn't modify anything and I finished it all in just over 16 minutes. Definitely one of the slowest in my gym but a) that's typical and b) I've learned not to beat myself up about it. I go in and kick my own ass and feel great when I leave so have to stop stressing about the times. The place is full of games qualifiers, former D1 athletes, pan-am rowers, etc. so that helps get past my own ego.

Back to the gym today at noon and cashing in a gift certificate for a facial tonight. I just might like Tuesday this week.
    Last edited by a_morgan24; 03-01-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Tuesday…
    B: 3 eggs with leftover turkey and cheddar cheese, apple, Plantation Mint Tea.
    L: grass fed beef roast and veggies
    D: Steak, steamed artichoke with homemade roumalade

Workout of the Day:
    As many rounds in 20 minutes of:
    5 power cleans, see chart
    10 box jumps, 20" box
    150 meter run
    8 rounds + 15 reps

I am feeling uninspired for commentary today, still trying to wake up. Looking forward to another beautiful day in CO today!

Tuesday...
    Yesterday was gorgeous so I opened some windows, got some fresh air in the house, took the dog for a walk and made it to the gym last night. Good day.
    B: fried eggs, sliced kielbasa
    L: BAS
    D: Pork tenderloin (marinated in garlic/mustard/balsamic glaze) and roasted asparagus w/ tomato
    D: Strawberries w/ a little cream and honey.

WOD
    5 rounds for time of:
    10 KB snatches each hand, 20 kg (12 kg)
    10 pushups
    10 squats
    7:22

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    You are making me seriously crave CrossFit. I've never done it, but it was my goal to give it a go this year. I injured my back pretty badly in late 2010 and am still healing, but man, I'm itching to get in there and give it a whirl.

Yea!! I am clearly a big proponent of it I am just not one of those people that can go into a big gym and push myself hard enough or be creative enough with putting together workouts to stay interested so it's perfect for me.
    If you can find a good affiliate that will help you modify workouts so you don't mess your back up, you should definitely do it! I have been going for 2 years and still modify some of the workouts. I started out incredibly out of shape and have ex.induced asthma and various other issues so there are still things I cannot do (and I am still slow). I think the key is having coaches that know you and your injuries/weaknesses and make you feel comfortable with what you're doing. Even though I get my butt kicked more often than not, everybody is so supportive so it makes me excited to go each time. Once you start, you'll be hooked.

Today, I am grateful for Coconut water! It really is the best cure to 'fix' too much drinking the night before. One of my favorite times of year is Denver restaurant week. A ton of restaurants put together special menus for $52.80/couple (get it, 5280 feet = mile high) and it gives me a great excuse to try new places on the cheap. How they get you is with the booze. It never fails, I end up spending a fortune but it is SO worth it. Dinner last night was at a Russian Vodka bar/restaurant called Red Square. We shared one full order of the rack of lamb (WOW!) and one of the special menus w/ this:

Dark Ale Steamed PEI Mussles, Applewood Bacon, Shallots, Shiitake Mushrooms, Fennel
    White Sea Bass Filet, Sweet Corn, Haricots Vert, Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado and Shallot Salsa, Cilantro-Citrus Beurre Blanc
    Port Poached Pear, Black Cherry Compote, Ginger-Mint Ice Cream

It was all amazing! I had just a tiny bit of the dessert, who wouldn't?!?! That and a ice cold dirty martini (or 2) and a glass of wine (or 2) made for an awesome night. I have reservations to try out 2 other places before the special is over.

Short walk with the dog yesterday was all the excercise I could muster up, I had a very busy and productive day at work so didn't want to leave at noon for a workout. I am going back in today for more torture. WOD is:
    10 rounds, on a 1:30 start interval of:
    10 ball slams, 20 lbs
    10 kettlebell swings, 16 kg
    10 pushups

Lots of fun planned for the weekend including a hike tomorrow with the spoiled Sadie. Now, if I could only fast forward the work day...

Another great weekend has come and gone. Along with the warm weather, staring out my window at snow and 20 degrees. Sigh. Cold makes me grumpy.
    I went on a 5 mile hike on Saturday and it felt great. I love CrossFit but sometimes it's nice to switch things up. I am looking forward to warmer weather for more hikes, softball, etc. Enjoyed a delicious knock-off PF Changs dinner on Saturday night, sans gluten/rice and loved it! Then had a relaxing day with some work yesterday and had a ridiculous dinner for Denver Restaurant week at Rioja downtown. Their food and service is sooooo damn good.
    No gym today, too much to do but will be back at it tomorrow. Going to try to get to a WOD Tues/Weds/Thurs in this week and dabble in some IF'ing.

Monday, Monday...

B: Kielbasa, Avocado, grapefruit
    L: BAS
    S: celery w/ cream cheese and seasoning salt
    D: Thai Beef Curry

Watched a little Anthony Bourdain last night on the Travel Channel. I would love to buy that guy a cocktail and hear his stories. And then figure out some way to steal his job. Traveling, eating and writing for a living?!?! Sign me up please.

Heading to CrossFit at noon for burpees and front squats. Then one last Denver restaurant week night with my lovely girlfriends. Excited to see that the menu at the 9th Door actually has some decent primal options! I got to study abroad for a semester in Spain during college and lovelovelove the Tapas-and-wine-long-meal meals.
    Last edited by a_morgan24; 03-08-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Tuesday Recap

B: Eggs, bacon, grapefruit, coffee w/ cream
    L: Grilled Chicken & BAS
    S: Raw Veggies
    D: Yummy tapas dinner at 9th door: Pimientos del Piquillo Rellenos ~ Fire roasted piquillo peppers stuffed with goat cheese and rosemary, Chorizo al Vino ~ Spicy Spanish sausage in Rioja wine sauce, Fileta con Cabrales ~ Beef filet served with Cabrales blue cheese sauce and grilled asparagus, 2 glasses of Malbec

WOD:
    5 rounds of:
    5 front squats, 75lbs.
    10 burpees
    7:58

I REALLY need to work on my hip flexers and remember that every time we do squats. They are super tight and click/crack/pop with every squat.

PrimalCon New York
    I’m baaaaack! Thank you, TFC for the call out. I didn’t realize how long I let went without updating this.

I’ve been a complete slacker… only in the journal department, not in the Primal or CrossFit arenas. Works is all too consuming for me of late. I am a Recruiter for a high-tech company and luckily, we’re swamped. I was approached a couple of weeks ago for a very similar awesome recruiting job for another high-tech company so that has me all thrown for a loop. I am a contractor currently but love the company/job/team/etc. that I am on so part of me wants to roll the dice and stay where I am hoping that it lasts a long time or they bring me on full-time. However, I would like to stop paying for my own insurance and have more ‘stability’ so the other full-time offer is tempting but I am having a helluva time deciding what to do. Amazing that a 7+ year recruiter has such a hard time with negotiating/interviewing/determining my own career path…

Anyhoo, this isn’t a job forum, just nice to type that out and explain what stress has kept me away.

Vegas flights and hotel are booked! The ladies are upgrading to a suite at the Venetian this year and I am pretty damn excited about it. Though we are going over Memorial Day weekend and I have a feeling it’s going to be insanely crowded and crazy. That’s ok though, more people to celebrate the dreaded 3-0 with.

I’ve been sticking to my 4/week CrossFit WODs and actually hit the 2 year ‘anniversary’ at my gym recently. I went back through all of my pictures from when I started until now and the change is pretty awesome. I am still slow and modify a lot but that’s fine with me, I love doing it and it keeps me sane. I am going to be judging the Regional competition for the CrossFit games that my gym is hosting so that will be GREAT for extra motivation. Went snowshoeing in Rocky Mtn National Park a couple of weekends ago, I LOVE that. I am one of those freak CO Natives that never REALLY got into skiing so that is a good substitute for me. Softball starts this week too! I am so looking forward to the warmer weather and outdoor activity spring/summer. Bring on the fun!
    Last edited by a_morgan24; 03-29-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast