Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: Fasting Information needed

Fasting Information needed

Shop Now
    Hello Friends,

I am on PB for the past 2 week and this is third week. I already see improvements and I am 200% sure that this will actually transform me.
    Now I want to see some amazing results so I have started some serious workout 6 days a week. I am thinking about fasting 1 day a week for even better results (if it is a good thing) so here are some questions.
    Is fasting good for health?
    If yes, I am planning on fasting on Sunday as that is my rest day. I dont think it is a good idea to fast on weekday because I work & workouts. So I plan on having dinner on sat night and eating again on monday morning breakfast.
    Is this a good idea? How about if I take protein shake on my fast day to supply some energy to my body as I read an article which says that during first 24 hours of fasting energy is taken out from muscles and not fat.

Any help is really appreciated.

I don't know what kind of workouts you're doing, but one day a week doesn't sound like adequate rest.

Castle Rock, Colorado
    Funny, Mark's blog today is about this, I would suggest you read that, and the links he provided.

Nort West Sydney, Australia
    I'm doing it at the moment.
    Nothing in the belly from 10pm to 1pm the next day - sound's easy when you say it fast..

Go here, everything you need to know.

You would probably be better served to stick with PB for at least another week before throwing fasting into the mix. Also, don't burn yourself out training 6 days a week. Think long-term. It's easy to get all worked up, run yourself into the ground, and then burnout. Make it a journey.

Good luck.

San Francisco
    Shop Now
    Check out Mark's latest article on IF, but quickly:
    *The body (and mind) benefits greatly from regular IFs, and
    *You'll be pulling from body fat stores, not muscle.