Page 973 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4738739239639719729739749759831023 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,730 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 973

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My doc and I have the same conversation every time I go in.
    "Have you looked into statins anymore or reconsidered taking them?"
    "Yes, and my stance remains the same: you can write the scrip and I won't fill it."
    "Are you at least trying to take care of it through diet and exercise?"
    "You told me last time not to lose any more weight, so I'm not dieting. I am trying to eat healthily, though, and avoid sulfite inflammation."
    "Good point. Anything else you want to talk about regarding your cholesterol or triglycerides?"
    "Nope."
    "OK."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    She has stopped talking about the weight, and once she found out I was a nutrition major before I switched to Design she let go of that topic (she knew I had had more classes in it than she had), she put me on a blood pressure medicine and we had to stop because it took the BP too low. This was the first mention of the statins, probably the last, she tends not to dwell once I say no unless I bring it up again. There is no need for HRT discussion since I had an embolism.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Back to coffee...
    We have an espresso machine. I cannot wait for it to break so that I can justify buying an 18-cup moka pot so that husband and I can have the vats of coffee we require in the morning (not unusual for me to have four shots in my mug). I used to have moka pots, but they didn't quite make the move. I miss them. The machine makes adequate coffee, but it's a pain in the butt to set up and use whereas a moka pot can bubble away while I have a shower.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I loved mine- not sure what brand, but a silver body that percolated. Fill it up at night, plug it in before I start my morning routines. Still have it . . . somewhere to be taken out again if/when I start making coffee again. (Now that I think about it- that might be this summer for the farm internship)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I had to stop using mine as I could not get the flame on my stove to be smaller than the bottom of the pot. Not willing to fork out for the 18C one, though I will keep an eye out at estate sales and such.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Back to coffee...
    We have an espresso machine. I cannot wait for it to break so that I can justify buying an 18-cup moka pot so that husband and I can have the vats of coffee we require in the morning (not unusual for me to have four shots in my mug).
    <3 Now, you are a woman after my own over-caffeinated heart.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I loved mine- not sure what brand, but a silver body that percolated. Fill it up at night, plug it in before I start my morning routines. Still have it . . . somewhere to be taken out again if/when I start making coffee again. (Now that I think about it- that might be this summer for the farm internship)
    Do eeeet. Come back to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I had to stop using mine as I could not get the flame on my stove to be smaller than the bottom of the pot. Not willing to fork out for the 18C one, though I will keep an eye out at estate sales and such.
    I have never seen one that large but I too will be keeping an eye out
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    We make coffee once a year, at our pie party. In between, our old Mr. Coffee sits, wrapped in plastic, in the garage.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    We make coffee once a year, at our pie party. In between, our old Mr. Coffee sits, wrapped in plastic, in the garage.
    A tragedy..

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.