Page 960 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095895996096196297010101060 ... LastLast
Results 9,591 to 9,600 of 11052

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 960

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jon, You have some game. You skirted around rating the ladies and yet sweetly stroked every ego. This is why you are one of the few MDA men with his own harem.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jon, You have some game.
    LOL. First and last time I will ever be told that

Thanks P, but honestly, you all are some awesome ladies both visually and as people. Hell, I have a very high opinion of myself and can admit with no modesty or ill-feelings that you all are way out of my league.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    All these "ratings" got me thinking. The number really is subjective depending on so many factors, including location. I live in a big city in a very hip/young neighborhood. If I were to take all the attractive people here and rate myself based on them...eh, I would be maybe a 6 or 7. When I go back to my small home town...I'm a solid 10! Compared to women on TV...maybe I'm a 5? What my husband makes me feel like...10 or 11 . So, it's all really subjective, and mental, and...varies. And I do feel like I'm more attractive than I've ever been and it's because I'm the most confident I've ever been. Also, I look at my gorgeous children and think they are SO beautiful (any mother feels this way about her kids), and this helps ME feel beautiful. My daughter looks so much like me and all I see is beauty in her...so, she helped me see my beauty, too. I hope she can see and appreciate her beauty before she is in her 30s, like myself. All the messages our society sends to girls/women...you're only beautiful if you are a size 2 with large, perky boobs...bullshit. Seeing Christina Hendricks on Mad Men and thinking she is the HOTTEST woman I have ever seen on TV...and then realizing that we have very similar measurements also helped me feel like I'm actually, dare I say it, sexy.

So yeah. Subjective. Mental. Interesting.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    So yeah. Subjective. Mental. Interesting.
    Great post and very true. There is a poster here called skhikes who often gets down on her looks (at least in what she posts) but she lives in the middle of a "OMFG we are all swimsuit models" town in California. When she compares herself to them she feels she does not measure up, but who the hell would? Mark is a damned good looking dude, but I am sure there are times he looks around and wishes he was a little younger or lifted a bit more weight. Context is very key.

That said, so is finding our own beauty - as you said, you see it in your kids. That is awesome. I love that you say you want your daughter to see she is beautiful. In my mind this is what all parents should do. Too many of us were criticized by our parents when parents should be the first to lift us up. And, hell, perhaps I don't have 6 pack abs but I can hold a conversation. Perhaps someone else wishes they had perkier boobs or a rounder butt or a smaller stomach or whatever, but there is so much more to beauty than that - creativity, sense of humor, compassion - all the inner beauty and while it may not be easy to see on the tv or across a smokey bar it does become evident quickly (I think it was demuralist who said this first - yeah, I burgled it )

And good job to your husband appreciating the beautiful wife he has. ^5 good sir.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Oh I so agree about the kids part! I also believe my children are beautiful, and both my son and daughter have very similar features to my own. For me the best part is that they are both confident in their looks/brains/personalities that I don't feel like either one spends much time thinking about it. Yes they take care of themselves and dress nicely without doing labels (both actually shop at Goodwill mostly), but it is not something they put much energy into worrying about. I love that.

Also want to say, tv and magazines are not real, I do not consider them a force to compare myself to. Actually, I think the reason I do have confidence is that I don't really compare myself to people, just me, and really I consider my rating of myself more about the idea that I still feel I could always use a little work, in all areas, (so won't ever consider myself a 10 which to me implies perfect) more than any idea that I am not as pretty/shapely/sexy as someone else.

And lastly, I totally agree with P, you did a very smooth job of stroking egos without having to put a number on it! Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    And lastly, I totally agree with P, you did a very smooth job of stroking egos without having to put a number on it! Nicely done!
    Thanks On a scale of one to smooth I give myself a four.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    out of 4? Out of 10, I would so give you the 10.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    ^ yes, definitely a 10. The SMOOTH-MYSTER!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ^^this
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Funny that you should mention SB hikes. She started a thread yesterday about women and their bodies.what parts do we hate the mist and why? etc. Interesting.

Edit: Yogabare started the thread.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-17-2013 at 03:05 PM.