Page 943 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4438438939339419429439449459539931043 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 943

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I agree Mine will be mostly treadmill based.
    Works for me. Mine might be too based on the temps come January. I am a delicate flower and wouldn't want to get cold.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Tigers, lions, and bears.

These are appropriate reasons to run.
    See, the way I see it, any of those could catch me in a heart beat. Being leaped on from behind by a lion, tiger, or a bear would not be great. (Cougars are a different animal all together). As such, it seems you have to face death like a man. Turn, look at that wild beast and hope you have a smaller friend you can throw to the animal while you skeedaddle.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'll go with the couch to 5K. If I am at the gym two days a week there is no reason I can't run those days then add in one more. I just need to quit being a little b*tch.
    If you have difficulty with keeping a steady pace consider using one of the podcasts from PodRunner on ITunes. They have a 0-5k program that is about 8 weeks long (1 podcast per week) and a ton of straight pace music mixes that range up to an hour in length (and they are free).... I use them for every run..

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    See, the way I see it, any of those could catch me in a heart beat. Being leaped on from behind by a lion, tiger, or a bear would not be great. (Cougars are a different animal all together). As such, it seems you have to face death like a man. Turn, look at that wild beast and hope you have a smaller friend you can throw to the animal while you skeedaddle.
    If you are being chased by them, you just have to be faster than the last guy in line..... Cougars, you stop and wait for....

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I know with mountain lions you are suppose to stand your ground, make yourself seem larger and scream like a girl, all while trying not to wet yourself. Running just makes it fun for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    If you have difficulty with keeping a steady pace consider using one of the podcasts from PodRunner on ITunes. They have a 0-5k program that is about 8 weeks long (1 podcast per week) and a ton of straight pace music mixes that range up to an hour in length (and they are free).... I use them for every run..
    I think is is just a matter of building up endurance. I can run a mile at a steady pace. Probably longer if I didn't say 'f' it and walk. Yesterday at the PT test, I ran a mile, walked about 100 feet and then ran the rest. I think the need to walk was more psychological than physical though I will definitely need to build up to running actual distances like I did back in the Army days. That said, good music is always appreciated. I'll check it out. Thanks doc.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    If you are being chased by them, you just have to be faster than the last guy in line..... Cougars, you stop and wait for....
    Good to know...good to know. Now I need to go and make slow friends.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I know with mountain lions you are suppose to stand your ground, make yourself seem larger and scream like a girl, all while trying not to wet yourself. Running just makes it fun for them.
    Nah, I am pretty sure wetting yourself helps. I mean outside of Bear Gryllis, who would want to eat urine flavored food?

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I haven't caught up but I just read your new sig line in Joanie's journal and almost snorted salad right out my nose. (Obviously much credit goes to the Bat but I saw it first in your post...)
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    I haven't caught up but I just read your new sig line in Joanie's journal and almost snorted salad right out my nose. (Obviously much credit goes to the Bat but I saw it first in your post...)
    Liquids are cool, but I think I'd pay to see someone blow a hunk of lettuce out of their nose. LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Canio, thanks for answering! You have done an amazing job! So cool. You've lost an awesome amount of weight and inches. Are you at your goal? Your stats sound pretty healthy!

And thanks, working on it every day! So happy to feel like myself again, lately. Do you have any tricks to weight loss that you can share. Some things that you learned along the way?
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:168.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.