Page 91 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 91

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    canio: You have chronic headaches, even after being off grains? Did you play football or box (or take any other sports-related blows to the head) or have you ever been in an accident or a significant fall?
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    canio: You have chronic headaches, even after being off grains? Did you play football or box (or take any other sports-related blows to the head) or have you ever been in an accident or a significant fall?

Nope. No significant head injuries. I don't box and the I never played football. They have been diagnosed as tension headaches though no combination of muscle relaxers, pain killers, or the like have done any good. Massages have limited effect though I can't afford getting one every day (though that would rock lol). I do get dizzy easily and wonder if perhaps it is a sinus/inner ear thing. No one has ever diagnosed it as such though. I probably just need to relax

Oh, my name is Jon btw. No idea why I never said before
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Canio-
    With only that minor amount of dairy, I doubt that's it, unless you take your coffee pale as an Irish girl.
    Tiger may be onto something.
    Maybe it's an allergy to a food/ drink you have every day or most days? Or to something environmental?
    ETA:
    With the ear thing, you have me back on the dairy track. I had the same issues when I was on dairy.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Canio-
    With only that minor amount of dairy, I doubt that's it, unless you take your coffee pale as an Irish girl.
    Tiger may be onto something.
    Maybe it's an allergy to a food/ drink you have every day or most days? Or to something environmental?

Well, I do like my coffee like I like my women but I am eating far less dairy now than before and headaches are much the same. The only thing I consume daily is coffee, though I have quit that before and the headaches remained.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Hrmmmm... silly question:
    Press your tongue to the roof of your mouth and hold your thumbs on either side of your nose up at the very top of it (in the eyebrow area) for 30 sec -1 min. Any drainage or pain after/ during doing so?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hrmmmm... silly question:
    Press your tongue to the roof of your mouth and hold your thumbs on either side of your nose up at the very top of it (in the eyebrow area) for 30 sec -1 min. Any drainage or pain after/ during doing so?
    Yup, that hurts. Lots of pressure but, and this will sound odd...it's a good hurt. Then again I think it feels good when someone presses on my temples really hard. That seems to relieve pressure as well.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Jon:
    Reason I'm asking is because what COULD be causing those headaches, if it's not dietary, is a displaced atlas. (It's the bone that your head rests upon, at the very top of your neck.) If it is displaced, one of the things that can happen is chronic headaches that don't respond to anything. I recently started atlas orthogonal chiropractic, and am absolutely FLOORED at the immediate response. It's the reason I haven't been around much lately -- I'm doing THAT much better.

Take a look at this short video and see if any of this rings true for you:
    GlobalAO: About Atlas Orthogonal

Another thing, besides this, that might be helpful is craniosacral release. I used to be dizzy all the time and my head felt really heavy, like it was going to topple right off. That's all gone now.

Ginger
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Means it's sinus related. That's supposed to help clear the sinuses.
    The temples ... Is it a specific spot on the temples? Like right on top of a blood vessel you can feel pulsing under the skin? For me, holding/ massaging that blood vessel helps make a tension/ stress headache go away.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ginger,

Thanks. You win the award for most words in my journal that I do not understand Off to go look at the link and to google caniosacral release. Hmm..I feel almost dirty typing that...almost

PrimalCon New York
    Means it's sinus related. That's supposed to help clear the sinuses.
    The temples ... Is it a specific spot on the temples? Like right on top of a blood vessel you can feel pulsing under the skin? For me, holding/ massaging that blood vessel helps make a tension/ stress headache go away.

Yup, I have always argued it is sinus and tension related. However, since most doctors I have seen have been army doctors teh standard proceedure was "Take these pills and lose weight." As for the temples, yup, right on that spot. Massaging there helps but only if you press on it like you are trying to drive your fingers into my skull. That feels pretty damned awesome