Page 897 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 397797847887895896897898899907947997 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,970 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 897

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I am following the 'get your ass of the couch and dream about a 5k' plan. Couch to 5k would probably be a good way of doing it. Currently, I just need to pass my PT test, which should not be an issue, I am pleased to see.
    If you have an ipod/Iphone you may want to check out the PodRunner podcasts... there are tons of running music available there. The download is free...

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I'm seriously looking into milking goats next year. I have to build them a good pen away from the dogs though aswe all know wolves loves to eat some goat! I was thinking about making cheeses and maybe soap. The big thing is making sure I have a back up to help take care of critters. It is not enough to leave some extra food and water when somebody needs milked and not just anyone could do it. So much to learn... So much trouble to get into!
    Well, I am thinking about getting into urban farm-sitting and I will need someone to practice on . . . .

I'm starting a farm internship once a week at a place that has goats, pigs, chickens, and turkeys, along with four-season growing. I'm excited!

Running? Why would one run? That's just . . . insane.

2 miles is a pretty impressive start, though
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Canio, oh canio, how couldst thou do this to me??? You were my sedentary hero, and now this running?? Noooooo...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Running? Goats? Everytime I travel, interesting things happen over here... (though I'm not really a running fan myself)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, thanks all, but one run does not a trend make.

Doc - my phone is an ancient flip phone so no music option, but I have an MP3 player around here somewhere.

Crabby - I am sure sedentariness will set back in over the holidays. At some point though I do need to get my butt moving.

drssgchic - farm internship sounds great!

every one else - yes, goat eyes...yikes. Not going to eat them though.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well, I actually saw a decent Army doctor for my physical. I was a bit skeptical given that she is a Colonel and that does not always spell openminded but I was pleasantly surprised. My cholesterol was 'high' at 221 but my LDL and triglycerides were within normal levels and I had a decent HDL level, which is what put me over the top in total cholesterol. In the past the only number that mattered was the total number (example - the VA who tried to order me a statin a few weeks ago) but she took a look saw my triglycerides (75) and my HDL (67) and said all was good. Hell, she even congratulated me on eating a good diet (I am guessing she might have changed her mind if she knew it was primal). Woot woot for progress.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, my doctor started talking statins at my last physical because my cholesterol was 217. She said next year if it doesn't improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah, my doctor started talking statins at my last physical because my cholesterol was 217. She said next year if it doesn't improve.
    F' that noise.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I cannot wait to say " Hell, no!" And then see how she reacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I cannot wait to say " Hell, no!" And then see how she reacts.
    muuuuhaaaahaaaaa.