Page 892 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 392792842882890891892893894902942992 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,920 of 10944

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 892

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, Canio the Vain bought a new pair of pants (khaki jean like things...not really jeans but not slacks...jacks? eh, whatever) and a pair of black shoes, which K claims my wardrobe was missing. Doc Martins ftw.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Docs FTW indeed. I still miss my steel toe boots, they were so perfectly worn in, but my feet had a 1/2 size growth spurt in college. I sold them on eBay. I have a pair of oxfords that I rarely wear now (never wore them in sufficiently), I got too used to minimalist shoes and my feet get too tired in anything heavier.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yes, the heaviness is a concern but I wear boots at work so it should not be a major issue. I'm barefoot when home and wear barefoot shoes with shorts. My pants are just a bit too long to wear the barefoot shoes with pants though...hence the need for real shoes. (Plus K is not a huge fan of them )
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the new clothes. Good for K, making her man all fashionable.
    I will refrain from asking for a pic, as I don't want to be a pest.
    Besides, your last one was so sexy, um I mean satisfactory.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Docs FTW indeed. I still miss my steel toe boots, they were so perfectly worn in, but my feet had a 1/2 size growth spurt in college. I sold them on eBay. I have a pair of oxfords that I rarely wear now (never wore them in sufficiently), I got too used to minimalist shoes and my feet get too tired in anything heavier.
    That's funny. I used to have a job where I needed steel toes. Went to law school to not ever have to do a job like that ever again. Now sometimes I wish I could go back. The irony...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I still have a pair of steel toes from my environmental engineering job. They were Docs, mostly because Doc Marten was the only shoe company on the face of the planet that carried steel toe, slip resist, oil resist, ankle high, acid resist boots in my size. Even that was a compromise, because the company wanted me to have a set that covered my calf to help protect against snake bites, and I had to fill out paperwork stating that boots like that flat don't exist in my size.
    For steel toe boots, they're pretty damn comfortable.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

TQD
    TQD is offline Member
    Shoes are my nemesis. Granted, I'm short, but even so I have tiny but very wide feet for my size. I wear a child's 13/1 and work in an office environment. Try finding anything without decals of Barbie or Strawberry Shortcake in my size. Not to mention someone who could benefit from heels! Sigh. I hate pink. And purple. That said, I'm never tempted to spend $200 on a pair of sparkly spike-heeled shoes

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I still have a pair of steel toes from my environmental engineering job. They were Docs, mostly because Doc Marten was the only shoe company on the face of the planet that carried steel toe, slip resist, oil resist, ankle high, acid resist boots in my size. Even that was a compromise, because the company wanted me to have a set that covered my calf to help protect against snake bites, and I had to fill out paperwork stating that boots like that flat don't exist in my size.
    For steel toe boots, they're pretty damn comfortable.
    Ditto, though mine's maintenance engineering, we don't have to cover our ankles for snake bites either over here! There are other boots with that spec, but there cak, in my opinion....Even got two pairs I wears out of work!

Quote Originally Posted by TQD View Post
    Shoes are my nemesis. Granted, I'm short, but even so I have tiny but very wide feet for my size. I wear a child's 13/1 and work in an office environment. Try finding anything without decals of Barbie or Strawberry Shortcake in my size. Not to mention someone who could benefit from heels! Sigh. I hate pink. And purple. That said, I'm never tempted to spend $200 on a pair of sparkly spike-heeled shoes
    Oh, I would rock some Strawberry Shortcake shoes :P

Good to know you save money on heels though, and no worries, we don't judge people on the size of their height/feet here. Only on their sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I will refrain from asking for a pic
    If and when I ever get to 180 (grrr), and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    That's funny. I used to have a job where I needed steel toes. Went to law school to not ever have to do a job like that ever again. Now sometimes I wish I could go back. The irony...

Now we need a besides the pool pic with the feet in steel toed boots

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    because the company wanted me to have a set that covered my calf to help protect against snake bites.

You didn't tell them that you were immune to snake bites as the scaley little suckers knew you would bite back?