Page 887 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 387787837877885886887888889897937987 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,870 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 887

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    [QUOTE=canio6;1363150]f*ck, why the hell am I talking in the healthcare thread? It is like getting into a conversation about religion. No one is ever happy. QUOTE]

OK there was gravy. Religion and politics also rife with disagreement. That leaves only BBQ...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Canio, I didn't realize you were posting in the healthcare thread, I stopped reading it, I may have to go back and judiciously scan it for your posts. I always find your posts worth reading regardless of the thread!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=excursivey;1363179 OK there was gravy. Religion and politics also rife with disagreement. That leaves only BBQ...[/QUOTE]

Goodness, no! Do you know how controversial the topic of BBQ is! I have seen people come to blows over wood vs. charcoal vs. gas. And lets not get started on sauces and dry rubs! I do believe wars may have been fought over BBQ.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Goodness, no! Do you know how controversial the topic of BBQ is! I have seen people come to blows over wood vs. charcoal vs. gas. And lets not get started on sauces and dry rubs! I do believe wars may have been fought over BBQ.
    Only one way to determine the winner........... cook-off! I'll volunteer to be the judge anytime!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Only one way to determine the winner........... cook-off! I'll volunteer to be the judge anytime!
    *raises hand* I'll be a judge, too!

Do I want to go peek in that dreaded no-hope thread... ?

*ponders*

No, but a train wreck is hard to resist.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    As usual I am out of the loop on all this stuff since I never wad the rest of the forum. And I don't see any argument with BBQ. Hardwood lump charcoal is the only way to go and anyone who says different is evil and doesn't deserve to breath the same air as I do....but I'm not arguing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Depends on your definition of barbecue. Grilling out is not barbecue. Covering something you just grilled in a sticky syrup sweet sauce doesn't make it barbecue. Barbecue is difficult to do over a true flame, like you get from gas and propane, but I guess it might be possible.
    On the other hand, a nicely 'cued dry rub rib or brisket is something I would die and go to heaven for. (Not a fan of barbcue sauce, in any iteration.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen the healthcare thread and now that I work in the industry, I don't want to see that shit. I will throw one quick story in your journal. A patient came in for a hearing test and asked if Obamacare would cover his wife's hearing aids if she were to purchase. I looked him squarely in the eye and told him "in fact, it's rare that any insurance covers hearing aids at all, let alone pay for them or even offer a discount. I can let you know that in the great state of Ohio, Obamacare is not part of the exchanges and you would have to join a Medicaid plan. Medicaid only covers one analog hearing aid every 4 years. In conclusion, to answer your question, Obamacare more than likely will not cover hearing aids and any coverage that insurance companies have for it right now, may not be there in a year." Let me just say, this made him walk out and wait for his wife in the truck. My audiologist asked what happened to the spouse and I explained what he wanted to know and she laughed.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Clint and I are having dinner with friends tomorrow who just bought a smoker. Smoked meats ruke
    Georgette

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Yeah. Them peeps in Louisiana think BBQ = pork. PFFFFFT. Any smart person knows BBQ = beef. Brisket. Beef ribs. Done.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel