Page 879 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 379779829869877878879880881889929979 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 879

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am fairly certain that dish is what they serve in heaven, assuming there is a heaven. I have discovered that I pretty much love duck anything and duck confit is easy to make, it just is time consuming.

TQD
    TQD is offline Member
    I have never understood why Americans didn't hop on the fries and gravy bandwagon with their northern neighbours. Fries and gravy are a staple of every diner across the country, and while the quality varies from place to place, it's pretty hard to order fries and gravy and have it be bad. It's one of the few things I miss about the frozen north.

P.S. That weird white stuff with black flecks in it that they serve in the south is an abomination and is NOT gravy.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I am fairly certain that dish is what they serve in heaven, assuming there is a heaven. I have discovered that I pretty much love duck anything and duck confit is easy to make, it just is time consuming.
    Too time consuming for my impatient self to make. That said, if this is the national food of heaven, I may have to change my ways!

Quote Originally Posted by TQD View Post
    I have never understood why Americans didn't hop on the fries and gravy bandwagon with their northern neighbours. Fries and gravy are a staple of every diner across the country, and while the quality varies from place to place, it's pretty hard to order fries and gravy and have it be bad. It's one of the few things I miss about the frozen north.

P.S. That weird white stuff with black flecks in it that they serve in the south is an abomination and is NOT gravy.

Yes, I don't get it either. Gravy on mashed potatoes = a staple, but put it on fries = not happening. Doesn't make sense.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good thing I don't have any potatoes. I am ready to make some fries and smother them in something.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    See, I love cream gravy. That brown stuff is a sin against nature. I despise it.
    Then again, at Dairy Queen, I was the person known to dip their fries in cream gravy. Southern Poutine might just need to happen at this house...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good thing I don't have any potatoes. I am ready to make some fries and smother them in something.
    So...how you doin'?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    See, I love cream gravy. That brown stuff is a sin against nature. I despise it.
    Then again, at Dairy Queen, I was the person known to dip their fries in cream gravy. Southern Poutine might just need to happen at this house...
    Ah, the gravy wars. Personally, I do not discriminate...white, brown, all gravies are welcome in casa de canio. One day I may just have to have a day of poutines. However, what cheese would a southern poutine use?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm Hungry.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Duck fat fries are just decadently great.

The white stuff with the black flakes? Is that sausage gravy with black pepper? Totally different animal than smooth gravies. I don't think it's supposed to move even if you tip your plate. We're resourceful here in the south - I think that white gravy can be diluted into wallpaper paste.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Duck fat fries? I am so salivating.