Page 878 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 378778828868876877878879880888928978 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 878

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I also got really bad ear infections when I was younger. I had one so bad when I was 6 that I had to be admitted to the hospital for. My doctor thought it was appendicitis, I was grabbing at my sides and throwing up everywhere. Apparently, it was a really bad ear infection that was about to turn into vertigo. I also produce a lot of wax and I have a mild hearing loss in the upper registers that does not require assisted devices. My sister in SC is now profoundly deaf and looking into Cochlear Implants. Her ENT and audiologist were able to trace it back to dad's MS(parent with an a autoimmune disorder).
    That's really interesting and encouraging that someone figured out that link! Things are so much more interconnected that we know. Hubby makes tons of ear wax but no ear infections. Have noticed lots of changes when he changed his diet, like a mysterious cough that they tried to treat for years, but no med ever helped and they could never trigger it either. I think it is related to wheat because it only comes back when he's been eating lots of bread.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    That's really interesting and encouraging that someone figured out that link! Things are so much more interconnected that we know. Hubby makes tons of ear wax but no ear infections. Have noticed lots of changes when he changed his diet, like a mysterious cough that they tried to treat for years, but no med ever helped and they could never trigger it either. I think it is related to wheat because it only comes back when he's been eating lots of bread.
    My diet has been crap the past couple of months and I know that my asthma and allergies have not been liking me due to all the wheat I've been eating. Now that things have opened up financially, I am back to primal tomorrow.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Huh, I had no idea hearing was so linked to so many different things.

No major ear issues - infections, wax, postnasal drip, or the like so who knows. They are going to do an MRI on it and see what the ENT says. We shall see.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Good luck back on the primal wagon Geo
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Well, I almost proposed to the chef at Jax. He apparently knows the way to my heart...to explain...

the foie gras appetizer is made up on the chef's whim when you order it. It is fun to see what they come up with. As some background, I really like french fries. They are in my top 5 favorite foods. I am also a fan of cheese and gravy, which leads me from time to time to lament that I am not Canadian because poutine sounds like the bomb. Anyway, I order the appetizer and it come out - fries, duck gravy, house-made cheese, duck confit, and foie gras. Yes, the glorious bastard made a duck/foie gras poutine.

<3

Needless to say it was very good. Probably horrible for me but really, who has two thumbs and doesn't give a f*ck? This guy.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, I almost proposed to the chef at Jax. He apparently knows the way to my heart...to explain...

the foie gras appetizer is made up on the chef's whim when you order it. It is fun to see what they come up with. As some background, I really like french fries. They are in my top 5 favorite foods. I am also a fan of cheese and gravy, which leads me from time to time to lament that I am not Canadian because poutine sounds like the bomb. Anyway, I order the appetizer and it come out - fries, duck gravy, house-made cheese, duck confit, and foie gras. Yes, the glorious bastard made a duck/foie gras poutine.

<3

Needless to say it was very good. Probably horrible for me but really, who has two thumbs and doesn't give a f*ck? This guy.
    Aah man! That just made my heart beat faster I think!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post

<3

Sounds absolutely fantastic! And unless he's using a questionable oil for the fries (which doesn't seem probable based on the high caliber of the rest of the offerings), it's completely primal.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Canio I am so JEALOUS! That meals sounds like the best thing ever! I believe foie gras is now illegal in CA.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Canio I am so JEALOUS! That meals sounds like the best thing ever! I believe foie gras is now illegal in CA.
    The way I understand it, it is illegal to resell it. You can, however, order it (from D'Artagnan for example Gourmet Meat, Foie Gras, Organic Poultry, Pate, Truffles, Gourmet Food Gifts and Meat Recipes) and have it shipped to you. At least I believe that is how the law was written.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Aah man! That just made my heart beat faster I think!
    indeed. so freaking good

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Sounds absolutely fantastic! And unless he's using a questionable oil for the fries (which doesn't seem probable based on the high caliber of the rest of the offerings), it's completely primal.

I should have asked about the oil (but I was told by my sainted mother that it is impolite to talk with your mouth full). That said, I would like to think they were cooked in duck fat. Sadly, I am not sure if they were.