Page 870 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 370770820860868869870871872880920970 ... LastLast
Results 8,691 to 8,700 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 870

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That would be fun My voice teacher stuttered like crazy but sang beautifully. The brain is an odd piece of machinery.
    M-M-M-Mel T-T-Tillis......

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Wraxall, a school called The Downs.
    Used to play cricket against The Downs school, it was the only time we were served afternoon tea, we weren't used that what with us being comprehensive school types....Nice pub in Wraxall too called the Battleaxes!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Used to play cricket against The Downs school, it was the only time we were served afternoon tea, we weren't used that what with us being comprehensive school types....Nice pub in Wraxall too called the Battleaxes!
    Ha! Small world. How old are you? You might have played against my brother.

Ha! Small world.
    I wouldn't want to walk it....

How old are you? You might have played against my brother.
    I'm 45, started senior school in 1979, if that makes any difference!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I wouldn't want to walk it....

I'm 45, started senior school in 1979, if that makes any difference!
    Ah, before my time. I'm 40, we started at The Downs in 1983.

Ah, before my time. I'm 40, we started at The Downs in 1983.
    Oh well, I was well into my secondary school delinquency by then....It was a nice place to play though!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Why is it that so many threads turn into snark fests? The latest is the one asking about sugar-free bacon. It's turned into a argument about sugar. And that's just one of many. It irritates me when people just won't let it go. Arguing with people hardly ever makes them change their minds--I read a study about that (really!) but I'm not going to bother to find the reference and link it. if you don't believe me, consult your own personal experience. How often have you been able to sway someone to your side of an argument? (Without resorting to violence!)

I've forgotten my rule about only surfing around in journals. *sigh* But once in awhile, a thread has some interesting or useful information. I really would have liked to find a cheaper source of bacon than US Wellness Meats. I've decided that I'm going to buy a smoker for Sweetie for his birthday and he'll smoke our own bacon. (And yes, he's already agreed to this! )

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Smoking your own bacon Goldie? Road trip to Utah! Seriously though, that is a great idea. Do you plan on curing it first of just putting it straight on the smoker? Great birthday gift btw.

As for arguments, no, they do not change anyone's mind, but it's the internet and many people are bored so arguing is easy entertainment. My favorite part (sarcasm) of arguments here is when people start pointing out logical fallacies. "OMG I can't believe you used a strawman/tinman/toto and Blah Blah's coefficient of internet arguing says...and wow, did you just violate blah's law of..." Dude, it is the internet. I'm just here because I am bored. If I can piss you off enough to make you respond so that I can type another reply instead of hanging myself due to boredom at work then I have already won this 'argument.'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    We are smoking jowls this weekend. They have been curing for a week, we used sugar and salt. I thought about doing it w/o sugar but in the end I decided that the sugar isn't really a big deal now that I'm done with my one month of autoimmune protocol.

The snarky arguments can be somewhat entertaining, but it gets old pretty quick.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Smoking your own bacon Goldie? Road trip to Utah! Seriously though, that is a great idea. Do you plan on curing it first of just putting it straight on the smoker?
    I'm gong to experiment. Do some one way, some the other, and see what we like the best. Or just have both kinds for the variety.

My brother lives in Tucson... next time we go visit, I'll pack the trunk with bacon...