Page 869 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 369769819859867868869870871879919969 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 869

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Yer a Janner then?!
    Well, technically I suppose though I moved to Banbury when about 3 and lived there (or in the area) for the rest of the time I was in England.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oddly enough, I think my singing voice is as lot like my speaking voice. Now to find a song and make a fool of myself for you guys. If we ever have a Grok get together, I'm totally going to insist we play Rockband or have a karaoke thing set up.
    That would be fun My voice teacher stuttered like crazy but sang beautifully. The brain is an odd piece of machinery.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You don't hear it when I sing, but I actually have a bit of a stutter. It's worse when I'm anxious or nervous. I was painfully aware of it as a kid (when you hafta go to speech therapy instead of gym in kindergarten, kids notice.) I guess it went away enough or I learned methods around it, because it now really only appears with really emotional topics or I'm nervous. My aphasia, or whatever you call it, is now kinda like my stutter was: I can make it vanish, but I hafta concentrate on calming down, slowing down, and using my mental thesaurus.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My aphasia, or whatever you call it, is now kinda like my stutter was: I can make it vanish, but I hafta concentrate on calming down, slowing down, and using my mental thesaurus.
    Yup, I can see that. Concentrating on conversation (beyond the content) must be rough though.

I don't stutter but I do have a lisp. I also have issues with the 'ch' sound...church, ditch etc. It sounds fine in my head but not to others apparently. I am not sure why or what the difference in sound is between what I am hearing and what they are hearing.

It's SOP for me. I try not to tune out the others in the conversation, so there are times I'll actually say "I can't remember the word" instead of trying to draw it out if it's a conversation where it's better to keep things moving.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

That's a good way of dealing with it.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    You don't hear it when I sing, but I actually have a bit of a stutter. It's worse when I'm anxious or nervous. I was painfully aware of it as a kid (when you hafta go to speech therapy instead of gym in kindergarten, kids notice.) I guess it went away enough or I learned methods around it, because it now really only appears with really emotional topics or I'm nervous. My aphasia, or whatever you call it, is now kinda like my stutter was: I can make it vanish, but I hafta concentrate on calming down, slowing down, and using my mental thesaurus.
    I have no recollection of a stutter. Guess I don't make you nervous.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

It really doesn't appear in day to day interactions, like the aphasia does. It takes major stuff to make it appear now, like public speaking or a trigger event.
    My Primal Battle Tome

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    okay, renaming you Admiral Horatio Em Nelson.

btw...that is awesome.
    Yeah, I know

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Bit on the nomadic side there, being a bit nosy here, but where in Bristol area were you?
    Wraxall, a school called The Downs.