Page 868 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 368768818858866867868869870878918968 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,680 of 10891

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 868

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    He did. He sang verah, verah well.
    as did you. Hotel California if I recall correctly
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thank you! And probably. Either that or "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I've been in Aus for five years now and everyone here thinks I talk Brit, but my friends and family at home tease me about a twang. On my last trip home I could hear the oyle o woight vowels return - most odd, particularly as before this recent sojourn I'd spent ten years in London and before that several years oop north. No AQI though, so that's something at least.
    I was a Navy brat so I lived everywhere including Derby, Plymouth, The Lake District, Glasgow, etc. I was born in Portsmouth and went to school in Bristol and Somerset so I already had a weird accent before coming to Australia.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    He did. He sang verah, verah well.
    Yes. I often play it before bed like a lullabye...it annoys the crap out of my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes. I often play it before bed like a lullabye...it annoys the crap out of my husband.
    LMAO. Says the diva herself.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I was a Navy brat so I lived everywhere including Derby, Plymouth, The Lake District, Glasgow, etc. I was born in Portsmouth and went to school in Bristol and Somerset so I already had a weird accent before coming to Australia.
    Unique my dear Em, unique. Not weird. People we don't like are weird (kidding)

I was born in Plymouth. My father last I heard lived just across the water in Torpoint. I like Portsmouth, though truth-be-told the HMS Victory is the only reason I have been there :/

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Unique my dear Em, unique. Not weird. People we don't like are weird (kidding)

I was born in Plymouth. My father last I heard lived just across the water in Torpoint. I like Portsmouth, though truth-be-told the HMS Victory is the only reason I have been there :/
    I have a scar from the HMS Victory. When I was a kid I went to visit and I jumped up on to a bench and my toes slipped. I took all the skin off the front of my leg and bled everywhere. My kids love the fact that I have left blood on the Victory.

I have a scar from the HMS Victory. When I was a kid I went to visit and I jumped up on to a bench and my toes slipped. I took all the skin off the front of my leg and bled everywhere. My kids love the fact that I have left blood on the Victory.
    okay, renaming you Admiral Horatio Em Nelson.

btw...that is awesome.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Bit on the nomadic side there, being a bit nosy here, but where in Bristol area were you?

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yer a Janner then?!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The reason singing voices and speakig voices are so different is that they use different parts of the brain. That's part of why lispers and stutterers are encouraged to singsong problematic words.
    Ah, I didn't realize that's why. My brother stutters a bit and my mom taught him to "pretend he's a robot" to get through difficult words, or to sing it. It was something she figured out when she heard him singing and realized he doesn't stutter then. It comes and goes and he's almost 16 now and I still wonder if he'll grow out of it.

Oddly enough, I think my singing voice is as lot like my speaking voice. Now to find a song and make a fool of myself for you guys. If we ever have a Grok get together, I'm totally going to insist we play Rockband or have a karaoke thing set up.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).