Page 861 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 361761811851859860861862863871911961 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,610 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 861

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I am terribly afraid of dogs after being bit, as a kid, by a dog I had known since it was a pup. My best friend has owned 2 Akitas and I learned to be comfortable around them. She brought her most recent akita, as well as two other dogs, when she spent 3 days with me earlier this year. My extended family couldn't believe I allowed dogs anywhere near me.

My daughter is moving here and bringing her two dogs, that I've only been around for a few hours. She will be staying with me a few days until her belongings get here. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.
    Sorry to hear that, but is great that you were able to overcome the fear with your friends dogs.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be nervous about your daughters dogs. I find it's always best to have some nibbles to give to dogs you don't know, especially the first few times. They rapidly become your best friends

I was savaged by a squirrel as a kid (well it mistook my leg for a tree or something and ran up it, but it's little razor claws made a bit of a mess) and I still get that irrational butterfly feeling if I see one getting to close
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I can certainly see why you would be nervous. I hope it works out well for you and the temporary pooch housemates.
    Thanks canio, they will be here Thursday. I have made it very clear-- I am not to be left alone with the dogs.

I may have to hit the wine to survive. But then again, I am not above using any excuse to indulge.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I may have to hit the wine to survive. But then again, I am not above using any excuse to indulge.
    Oh, now this I can relate to It sounds like you have set some sensible ground rules about the dogs so that is a plus. Hopefully they are friendly, wouldn't hurt a fly types.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I was savaged by a squirrel as a kid (well it mistook my leg for a tree or something and ran up it, but it's little razor claws made a bit of a mess) and I still get that irrational butterfly feeling if I see one getting to close
    I swear I am laughing with you >.>

says the man totally freaked out by most insects
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, if they shed anything like my little dude (about 1/4 their size) it would be crazy. When I take the weasel to be groomed I get to hear about how many dog's worth of fur they collect
    Another reason to go with a greyhound

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Then you would not like my backyard. I have several squirrels running back and forth daily with things in their mouths. They must be stocking up for winter.

Truth be told I'm not fond of any animal. However, my mother loved squirrels and would coax them to eat out of her hand. Now we (my sisters and I), jokingly, say Mom (deceased) visited today whenever we see a squirrel.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thanks canio, they will be here Thursday. I have made it very clear-- I am not to be left alone with the dogs.

I am getting a strange image of Marcadav getting wasted with the dogs. And the daughter, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Another reason to go with a greyhound
    lol very true. It would be fun watching the weasel try to catch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I am getting a strange image of Marcadav getting wasted with the dogs. And the daughter, of course.
    oh, we would need a youtube video of that. :P

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Too funny. And no chance of a drunken video. My kids have said many times--while they've seen me drink they've never seen me drunk.