Page 850 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860900950 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 850

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have two labrador retrievers. Both are in the 75-90 lb range. One is wound like an 8 day clock and the other is your typical laid back lab. Both have bad habits that drive me batshit crazy, but without the help of others around the house, I can't break these habits (climbing on furniture, getting into the garbage when no one is looking, etc). Both shed terribly! Paired with our Maine Coon cat, the pet hair accumulation is ridiculous! One of our dogs has IBS and should probably be on a grain free dog food but I can't find one we can afford to buy at their rate of consumption. The dog with IBS is a serial eater, the other is a hit and run eater (taking laps between each and every bite which drives me nuts too - just freaking eat, dog!). Right now, they get Iams Senior for large breeds. It costs me about $30 a week.

How will the pumpkin affect IBS dog? I like the idea of adding that little treat to their diet, but I don't want the IBS dog to poop even more, ya know? He already makes entirely too many messes in our house when his urgency strikes and we're not home/conscious to put him out.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh and said labradors are too big for our house. I feel like they're always in the way and the house feels cluttered when they're sprawled out on the floor. I want a smaller dog, but Brad insists on nothing other than labradors. But next time we have vowed to have no more than one dog at a time. Two dogs produce this biofeedback loop that makes them both incredibly stupid compared to each dog by itself.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I know pumpkin helps with constipation or for dogs that have to get their anal glands milked. All I can say is talk to your vet and see what they have to say.
    Georgette

How do you suppose dogs survived before humans started milking their anal glands? Something tells me the need for this practice is directly related to what they eat now as opposed to what they ate before they became pets...

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I give the weasel pumpkin if he gets a jacked up stomach. I'll look into making it into treats.

As for the anal gland, from what I have read, it is kibble related. Eating raw (meaty bones) the stool is enough to keep the gland clear due to the bone content.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ewwww.
    Gross.
    That is more than I ever needed to know about any kind of gland.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ewwww.
    Gross.
    That is more than I ever needed to know about any kind of gland.
    My bad, sorry.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My bad, sorry.

LOL next time we will toss up a TMI warning.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

So my massage therapist is primal/paleo. We spent the entire time talking about primal today. It was great until she said, "I should check out your posts on MDA" Yeah, how about you don't so we can keep up the charade that I am a nice guy